six

The next morning, Obi-Wan awakes with a smile on his face. He had kissed Zara Sidereus last night for the first time in seven years.

 He had forgotten how soft her lips were. He had forgotten how she said his name, "Obi-Wan."

 He was Zara's again; That's all he wanted to be for years.

 Zara awoke feeling exactly the same. She greeted her Padawan that morning with a bit more pep in her step.

 "What's going on with you, Master?" Nash Asteriscus asked as she sat down across from him. "You're not usually this cheerful this early."

 "I had a fun time last night," she explains. "The party was just the break I needed."

 "No need to rub it in," he grumbles. Nash was still a bit bitter over the fact that he wasn't able to attend last night's event.

 "So what's on today's agenda?" he asks, changing the subject.

 "We'll be having lunch with Master Kenobi and his Padawan, Anakin," she tells him. "He's an old friend of mine, and he's very excited to finally meet you."

 Nash laces his fingers together. He knew of Obi-Wan Kenobi, everyone did. But the name was familiar to the Padawan due to the amount of times he's heard his Master mumble it in her sleep.

 "Come, young one," Zara says, standing up. "We have places to be."

 "But you just got here," he defends. "Can't we finish breakfast?"

 "Fine," she groans playfully, sitting back down. "But if we get caught up in a rather interesting discussion and waste the entire day, the blame will fall to you."

 When lunch time comes, Obi-Wan Kenobi sends news that he must cancel their plans. A meeting came up, and Zara knew that Obi-Wan could rarely ever take a break from work.

 He was always working, always thinking. She had to admit, it was one of the things she admired most about him.

 But working, working, working left barely any time for him to take a breath and drink in the nostalgia that Zara Sidereus had brought with her when she came back to Coruscant.

 So instead of going to a diner she and Obi-Wan frequented in their first few years as Padawans, she and Nash decide to both take a short nap.

 Force knows she needed it, she'd barely slept last night; She had been in and out of dreams filled with bright blue eyes, and a thick scent of caf.

 Perhaps she would see the subject of said dreams at dinner tonight, perhaps the two of them would be able to sneak off just as they did at last night's party.

 She wanted to hold him so close again they feared they could merge into one, she wanted to run her fingers over his small beard and watch as his eyes flutter shut.

 But most importantly, as they spoke of the night before, she wanted to be a Padawan again; Wanted to sit on Obi-Wan's bed long before they knew of their feelings for one another.

 Growing up, becoming a Jedi Master, having a Padawan of her own...it was all so complicated. She longed for the days where she could see Obi-Wan Kenobi whenever she pleased.

 Now, even with Nash Asteriscus at her side, Zara felt lonely.

 When she finally fell asleep, her dreams were filled with him again.

 They were all very foggy, and some felt more of memories than of dreams, though Zara couldn't place when they had happened.

 She awakes to a knocking on the door, and when she opens it, Obi-Wan stands on the other side.

 She breathes out his name and asks, "How was your meeting?" softly, so as not to wake her sleeping Padawan.

"I must speak with you." Obi-Wan mimics her volume.

 She holds up a finger, signalling for him to wait. And though they had spoken in a quiet tone to let Nash sleep, Zara shakes him awake.

 "Master Kenobi and I have business to discuss," she explains.

 As soon as Nash leaves, Obi-Wan's lips are on Zara's. His beard tickling her face as he grins into her, inhaling that floral scent he'd missed for how many years.

 "Obi-Wan, what is it?" she asks, breaking their kiss. "What are you doing here? I thought you had a meeting."

 "It's complete," he tells her. "But..."

 "But what?"

 "But Anakin and I must leave earlier than expected." And when she asks when; "Early this evening."

 She couldn't believe it. She had just gotten him back, and now he was leaving. They had gone seven years before, how long would it be before they see each other again this time? Eight years? Nine? Ten? Never?

 No, she wouldn't have it this way. They were supposed to see each other again the next day, and the day after that, and the day after that. That was what they had decided.

 "How long will you be gone?"

 She pulls him closer to her, snaking her arms around his shoulders as his hands fall to her waist. They were so close their noses were practically touching, and neither Jedi ever wanted to break free from this embrace.

 He shakes his head. "I'm not quite sure," he admits. "But Zara..." Obi-Wan raises her chin to gaze into those twinkling eyes of hers as he says, "Promise me you'll wait for my return. I can't...no, I won't go another seven years without seeing you again."

 He leans down to pull her in for another kiss, possibly their last for who knows how long. And when they finally break free for Obi-Wan to gather his belongings, "Oh, Obi-Wan?"

 Zara pulls him back by his robes, muttering one last thing for him to remember during this mission:

 "May the Force be with you, my Love."

END OF PART TWO.