sixteen. Date Night

You got on the jet. The team all decided (against your wishes) that you would not be going out in the field for this case. You would stay in and help build the geographic profile.

Your body was sore as hell anyway. Every movement felt like each of your limbs weighed a thousand pounds.

Maybe we shouldn't have had sex last

You weren't sure if that was contributing or not but you didn't really think so. You were trying to read a book but you could feel Spencer's eyes on you every two seconds.

"Reid." You said his name kind of loud, attracting the attention of everyone else.

"I'm not going to shatter and die, okay?" Rossi laughed at you and Spencer looked a bit embarrassed.

"She's a tough one kid, she's alright, but I think if you keep staring at her like that, you might not be" Rossi laughed at his own joke and went back to writing. Reid rolled his eyes.

"Sorry, I just want to make sure your okay. Didn't know that was a crime." He huffed and slumped back into his book.

"Spence, come on." He wouldn't look at you.

"So childish" you mumbled and went back to what you were doing. You knew Spencer was going to have an attitude after this.
~~~~
You make your way into the station and set up your work area. Emily and JJ went to the last crime scene. Hotch and Rossi were at the station nearby but were speaking to members of the force. You and Reid were looking at the evidence you did have.

There had been 6 bodies discovered recently, and you and Spencer were trying to find a connection between them. They were of different races, sexes, and the only thing similar was the age range. 

" So clearly he doesn't have a gender preference." Spencer started.

"He's killed people of three different races." You continued. 

" Were they from the same area?" Spencer asks you and you start looking at their individual files. 

"No, different towns but all pretty close, they aren't big towns." You sigh, feeling like you weren't getting very far. Spencer clearly feeling the same. 

"Hey Spence, what would say her body type is?" You pull out a photo of one of the victims.

He gives you an odd look. " She looks pretty toned I guess." You pull out another photo.

" And her?" He says the same thing. 

"And him?"

" Okay y/n they were all in shape I don't think that's getting us anywhere. Garcia already checked their bank records. " You rolled your eyes a little. 

"Okay well maybe there's something else, or they paid a different way-" You tried, seeing as you had no other leads. 

"That's a stupid idea, I don't think the amount of body fat they have is going to solve a case." You set down the files and got up and walked away for a minute. 

"Reid." You hear Hotch walking towards him. You head into the bathroom to chill out.

........

"Reid." Spencer looked up as Hotch walked towards him. 

"What the hell is up with you? I understand if you're still upset over the last case, but we do not speak to each other like that. No idea is a bad idea and you need to get yourself together. We're a team, Agent Reid. If you can't do that you can excuse yourself from this case and any other case you can't handle." 

Hotch had been leaning down to be in height with a sitting Reid. He straightened up and started to walk away, and then he paused. 

" Also y/n is good for you. She's a good person, make sure you're acting like someone who deserves her because right now I don't see it." And with that, he walked away. Y/n came back from the bathroom.