no tomorrow

There is no tomorrow left. Not for me. Today is the last day.  If you're reading this. This is probably your tomorrow, but my today. I could never tell you what I feel, but that's okay. You're happy today. You'll be happy tomorrow. You'll forget me in a future tomorrow. Today was nice, but it won't last much longer. The sky is pretty clear today. The sun isn't too strong, and the breeze is pleasant. Flowers are blooming. People are socializing. Couples are out walking. Shops are filled.

We can't do that. There is no way we could. Tomorrow won't arrive. Nothing will change that. When you read this.

Your tomorrow would have arrived, but you'll be calling it today. When you read this, that is your today. Yet it will be my never seen tomorrow.

Thank everyone for me. You're going to be the only one who gets this note. If you want to give it to someone else. That's okay. It won't matter to me.

Burn this note, burn the memories. It's irrelevant. After all.

There is no tomorrow for me. Only today.

I set my pen down and quickly folded the paper up, shoving it in an envelope, signing the front of it. I got up from my seat and quietly left, leaving everything as it was. I quietly walked past people, the sun was starting to set, and I knew the day was ending soon.

I walked to a bridge, there had been many people. The occasional car, and no one really seemed to be walking out at this hour. Then again, by now the sun had already gone down.

"There is no tomorrow... Not for me." I hummed, standing on the rail, watching as the moonlight bounced off buildings and cars as they passed by me. I could hear several of them honking, one car coming to a full stop as I stood on the railing. I listened as they slammed their car door shut, quickly making their way close.

"Don't do it! We can talk about this! Think about everyone!" They yelled. I peered at them, seeing as they held their hands close to their chest.

"There is no tomorrow. I don't need to talk."

"What about your friends? Family!?"

"They're out there." I turned to look at the sky, a small smile on my face. "Saying I talk to them, at the end of the day. They wouldn't need me."

"Yes they do! They're probably looking for you right now!" I could hear the person slowly walk, they sounded almost desperate to help.

"If they are looking for me, can you tell them something?"

"You can tell them yourself! Grab my hand, please! Let's get you off the railing!"

"Can you tell them I'll be waiting for them by the edge of the River sometime around morning or afternoon?" I turned to give the person a smile. "Because tomorrow doesn't exist. At least not for me."

"No!" I could hear the person yell as I began to fall. I could see them over the edge, almost reaching to grab me.

Tomorrow does not exist. I have no tomorrow. I don't want tomorrow to come anymore. I want tomorrow to be gone already. I want today to end right now. When you read this. Tomorrow would be here.

Tomorrow is your today, but it's not ever going to be mine. In a couple of years, I'll be nothing more than a figment of your memories. So enjoy your future todays. Nothing will change the fact that my present ends when I jump, and when you read this. It'll be the past.

Tomorrow will not arrive. Today was my last day. Yesterday was a memory.