━ i: saturday coffee

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

──── ❝ chapter i ❞ ────

❝ saturday coffee ❞

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

          A MEDIUM ICED COFFEE, LIGHT and sweet with liquid sugar and oat milk instead of creamer, and two shots of caramel was what Tommy always bought from the Dunkin' Donuts by her house every morning before school. She hated the bitter taste of cold brew, so she added as much sweetness to her order as possible. True, she could just not drink coffee, but insomnia made sure she needed a caffeine boost to get her through the day.

          However, today was a Saturday, and Saturdays were of the worst day for Tommy.

          Every Saturday, Tommy would volunteer to help out with weekend detentions. Tutoring, helping the teacher who was unfortunately saddled with the job if he so needed it, stuff like that. It was hours added towards her community service requirement for the year; not that she needed it anyway. Still, it was good to have extra hours so colleges would notice how much she cared about her community.

          It didn't stop the job from sucking, though. The kids who were usually in there constantly made fun of her. After all, the wonderful and perfect Tommy Oliver wouldn't be caught dead associating with the likes of the "social rejects" and the "menaces to society" as they sometimes called themselves.

          "Hey, look!" One of the students called out when Tommy stepped into the detention room, coffee and textbooks in hand. "Her Royal Highness has arrived!"

          Names like this weren't uncommon. Princess, Her Royal Highness, basic Barbie bitch, she'd heard them all. They didn't particularly wound her, for the things they teased her for were the exact things that would launch her out of Angel Grove and towards a better life. One that wasn't in this stupid town.

          "Nice to see you too, Wesley." Tommy set a petty smile his way, knowing the mention of his real name would tick him off.

          "I told you not to call me that, you-"

          "And I told you to work on factoring last week but I can bet if I check your grades, I'm gonna see a lot of missing assignments. Seems like neither of us listen, hm?" Tommy retorted with a raised brow.

           It kept Wesley quiet for the time being and kept the other students from bothering her while she took her seat at the front of the class, next to the teacher's desk where she could silently do her work and wait for others to ask for help with their own.