Prologue

Prepare yourself guys, I wrote this story while watching top 20 saddest Disney movie moments >:)

The smell of rotting eggs filled the living room, along with the rest of the house,

Including the bedrooms upstairs.

None of them had noticed it at first.

Phil had thought that something had gotten stuck in the garbage disposal.

Wilbur didn't smell it due to his window being open.

And Techno,

Well, for once in his life he was fast asleep in his bed and not sprawled out on the couch downstairs.

Phil had been the first to recognize what the smell truly meant,

But at that point, he was just about to pass out from inhaling the gas for so long.

Despite being extremely nauseous beyond belief, he pulled himself towards the stairs,

If he couldn't save himself the best he could do was save his boys.

He had just barely made it to the stairs when his body shut down on him.

Phil fell to the ground with a loud thud.

A thud just loud enough for Wilbur to hear, but not loud enough to wake Techno from his much-needed sleep.

Wilbur looked up from his guitar at the thud from outside of his bedroom.

He called out for his father but didn't hear a response.

Wilbur hummed as he set his guitar softly onto the ground, before standing up.

He walked over to his window, and closed it, before calling out to his father once again, listening for an answer to his call, only to receive none.

Wilbur knew his father was just downstairs, so there should be no reason that his father wouldn't respond to him,

Unless something was wrong.

Wilbur's imagination began to run wild as he ran to his bedroom door,

Was that thud his dad?

Wilbur began to attempt to open his door, only to fail,

The door wouldn't budge, no matter how many times he wiggled the doorknob.

Wilbur began to knock and bang on the door,

He called out for his dad, trying to see if he was alright,

Once he didn't get a response, he began to call out for his brother in the room next to him.

The room began to fill with the rotten egg smell, and Wilbur began to panic.

He ran over to the wall that separated him from his brother and began to bang on it.

"Techno!" Wilbur shouted, "Techno please, wake up!"

There was no response and Wilbur began to sob.

"Techno! Please wake up!" Wilbur shouted, "I'm stuck and I think dad needs help!"

Wilbur could just barely hear a groan.

"Wilbur, what's going on?"

"Techno!" Wilbur shouted, "Please, I think dad's hurt, and I'm stuck in my room-"

Wilbur stopped talking and began to cough.

"Wil, is there a gas leak!?"

Wilbur grunted "I-I don't know," Wilbur managed to say "B-But, something's happened to dad and I can't get to him!"