Chapter 5

Damian's POV~

It was past 9pm in Gotham. That meant Damian was currently on patrol. He sighed, looking over to his brother Nightwing before running off. He ran into the Wayne gardens, hoping to discuss the class that Dick would be giving a tour. What he didn't expect was to see a hunched up bluenette, sobbing her eyes out. He crouched down besides her, forcing himself to have empathy. As the two maintained eye contact, both felt a warm buzz in their heart. But both ignored it. As Nightwing crouched besides the figure, he looked at Damian nodding. Slowly, Damian opened his mouth to speak...

Marinette's POV~

Marinette was frustrated. She was upset. She was annoyed. She was every emotion that could have caused her to be akumatized if she were in Paris. Her class had left her in Gotham, alone, of all places. When she realised she didn't have her suitcase, she told Chloe, leaving behind to go and retrieve it. When she came back, her class was gone. Eventually, she had found a Garden. It was deserted, yet it's beauty lured her. 

I gave the Wayne's their own private park and garden.

She sat down, trying to cry her woe away, her tired legs trembling. When she looked up to see the same superhero she had seen in the mirror, she held back a gasp. She had to act a stranger. Act as if she had never seen him before. She had to act, to save her unknown fate. To save her identity. To save the world that could potentially be in danger. Even if it meant hurting herself.

Looking away as another vigilante crouched besides her, she sighed.

'What are you doing here?' Nightwing asked. But he got no answer. Instead, the bluenette just stood. Nightwing brushed off the cold response of nothingness, standing besides her.

'Can you tell us where you're headed? It isn't safe to be here alone. You should be here, you're guardian is probably worrying right now.' Marinette let out a laugh at that. If only he knew, she thought. She started to walk off, but little did she know, a perculiar bird had started to follow her.