Morning of the Yule Ball

Previously:

Mama and Papa hand over a package, which I unwrap to find beautiful emerald green robes, and I gave them a big hug in thanks. I also gave Pansy a hug, silently thanking her for being willing to take me to the ball. She gave me a tight hug and a quick kiss on the forehead, letting me know it wasn't a problem. The rest of the night was spent with me watching some pairs dance, and they gave me some advice. Dray let me know that tomorrow night, he'll start teaching me how to dance and lead, and that Pansy will also be there for me to practice my skills on.

Now:
It's the day of the ball and I'm extremely close to panicking! I don't think I can do this...actually I know I can't. What if I trip in front of everyone or what if I make a fool of myself trying to dance? As my thoughts begin to spiral, I'm suddenly enveloped in a warm embrace. I flinch, not expecting it, however, I relax as soon as I register the smell of smoke and vanilla, recognizing my mate.

"Shhh, Hades. Deep breaths. Deep breaths with me," he muttered in my ear, pulling me to his chest so I can feel his chest rising and falling. It takes a couple of seconds for the words to register in my mind, however, I manage to align my breathing with his and come down from my almost-panic attack. I fully relax into the hold of my mate, who then quickly turns me to face his chest as tears start rolling down my cheeks. "Hey, hey, don't cry. Everything is going to be alright. Shh. Shh." He continues to comfort me until I finally manage to stop my crying, although a sniffle does escape every so often.

"Hades, there's no need to panic. Everything is fine. Remember, you have Pansy as your date, and Draco and your parents, as well as the other Slytherins, myself, and the rest of our family, have been helping you learn how to dance. We're all going to be there to support you in any way that we can. So just relax, there is nothing that you need to worry about." Sev says in my ear, gently petting my ears and comforting me as my sobs taper off.

"I know that you're right Sev, but what if I mess up while dancing? What if I say something wrong and make a fool of myself in front of everyone? What if-" My anxious rambling is cut off by a soft and sweet kiss from Sev. We detach after a while and just look at each other.

"As I said, there is no need to worry. You will do fine" Sev reassures me one last time with a smile and another chaste kiss on my lips. "Now, head on up to Draco's room and have him help you get dressed. I need to get ready as well, you little brat," he says, giving me a smile and a small push to get me moving.

"I'll see you at the Ball, Sev," I say, smiling at him shyly and leaving his room.

A few hours later:

After many hours of adjustments and hair tugging, Draco and Mama have declared me to be ready for the ball. Papa had just been sitting in the corner, offering advice when he felt it was needed, and letting me know at every step of the way that I am handsome, no matter what.

"Come here Hades, let me see you," Papa says, making a small twirl motion with his fingers, so I do so. We had decided to go with a deep emerald green and gold accented dress robe over a thin silver shirt and black pants. Papa had braided my now longer chocolate brown hair into a sort of crown, with some silver and gold tinsel braided throughout it to give me a natural hair crown in a way. I twirl in front of him, blushing slightly at the pure love that I can feel radiating off of him. "Beautiful, as you always have been. Come, give us all a quick hug, and then go see your mate one last time before the ball starts. Pansy will meet you at the dungeon's entrance in about 10 mins. Remember, we all will be there, and we all love you so very much." He gives me a quick kiss, as do Mama and Dray, and then Dray leads me to Sev's door and knocks, before giving me a wink and disappearing.

"What do you--Hades. Wow...you are gorgeous." Sev carefully picks me up, making sure that nothing gets too wrinkled, and gives me a quick peck on the lips. We talk about some mundane things until Dray comes to pick me up and bring me to the dungeons entrance to meet Pansy.

As soon as I see Pansy I give her a hug and complement her. Dray walks with us to the Great Hall, and leaves us at the entrance as the champions and their dates will walk in together and start the dancing. Pansy and I get into line, and I take a deep breath, preparing to put on a show that I know I'm ready for.

A/N - Again, sorry for the SUPER long wait between the prev. update and this one, as I said, some pretty crazy things have happened in my life and I just needed to deal with them before I could take the time to write this chapter. I wish I could promise more frequent and consistent updates from now on, but I really can't. I'll try my hardest to do so, but I'm about to start my first year of college and I'm more focused on that in all honesty. I am soooo grateful for all of you who have stood by me an have written amazing comments, not only reminding me that there are people who are waiting for an update, but that there are people who are enjoying what I write, which blows my mind all the gosh darn time! I love you all and am so grateful for everything 😁❤️❤️