Chapter 5 - Got a Date with an Angel (Part 2)

Setting: Arrowverse: Post 2x14 AU in the Arrowverse. Flashverse: First season through 1x8. Marvelverse: About a year post Avengers and the end of CA: The First Avenger. This chapter is pre-CA: TWS, though there may be some small TWS spoilers.

I do not own these characters or properties nor do I profit from this work. All rights, all characters and any and all quotes are owned by or attributed to DC and Marvel, respectively.

Song Title:  Got a Date with an Angel — Hal Kemp and His Orchestra (Skinny Ennis voc.) (1937)

Note:  Chapter 2 has been updated as of 1/25/2015, with the inclusion of a previously deleted scene.  You may want to check that out first — the substance hasn't changed but there is more detail which I'd previously planned to include later in the story, but worked better earlier.

Chapter 5

Got A Date with an Angel (Part 2) 

"Color me not at all surprised.  Half the garage is empty, and you still parked on the roof.  What is it with hero types and rooftops, anyway?"  Felicity slipped her hand over Steve's arm, then nudged him playfully with her elbow when she was inside his guard. "Is brooding over the city better at higher altitudes or something?"

 "That's what it says in the manual," he said, deadpan delivery perfect.

 "Oh, do tell.  You read manuals?" she retorted, trying and failing to keep her own face straight. "You really are the peak of human potential, aren't you?"

 "Don't be too impressed.  I just looked at the pictures."

 She couldn't help but laugh, sparking a grin from him in turn.  Unexpected as it was, she liked his blend of dry humor and snark.  She hadn't known anyone like that since Cooper.  Quickly, she cut off that train of thought.

 "Roof's a coincidence,"  he said.  "More open space for practice turns up here.  You said you hadn't ridden before, right?"   

 "No, I haven't.  You're my first."  She winced.  "My first with a motorcycle, I mean.  Riding."  She stopped when he failed to react beyond a nod.  Apparently, it hadn't occurred to him to read anything into the initial statement beyond what she'd meant.  Well, that was different.  "Are you sure that's not a problem?"

 "Nope.  I can show you how, easy."

Circling around the slope of the exit ramp, he led her to a walkway along one side, his bootheels echoing with a hollow tock against the black-patched concrete as they walked.  The low rumble of traffic drifted up from the street, but the rest of the level was silent, empty save for a lone motorcycle heeled over on its kickstand at the far end of the lot.   Felicity squinted against the sun, but the only detail she could make out past the glare of sunshine on metal was big.

 "Fair warning," she said, trying to ignore a stirring of unease in the pit of her stomach, "I know lot more about fast processors than fast rides."