"You really look a lot like her"

"Norman!" Sherry shouted trying to get his older brother's attention.

Norman turned his face to her and got up from the bed, clearly concerned that she was shouting his name "Are you okay?! Did something happen?!"

"Yes, something very serious happened!" She said as she crossed her arms and puffed out her cheeks like a little child "I am calling you to help with my homework and you are ignoring me"

"Sorry, I was distracted" He scratched the back of his neck a little embarrassed "How about I buy you ice cream as an apology?"

Sherry hesitated before answering, it had been a long time since the last time they had eaten ice cream, and the idea seemed very tempting "No" She could see a slight confusion on Norman's face "I want to know why you are so distracted, this will be your apology"

Norman felt himself blush as he remembered why he was distracted. He was thinking a lot about Emma recently, especially after the conversation about relationships they had on the chat, but obviously he wouldn't say that to his younger sister.

"Things from adulthood" It was the most convincing excuse he could think.

"You're lying" Norman sighed, he should have known it was useless to try to lie to her "Pwease Nowman"

"Ok... I think I like a person" Sherry could see how Norman's pale skin was gradually turning red "I never felt it before, so I'm not sure if this is it"

Before Sherry could start fangirling the two siblings heard the front door opening and something falling on the floor. They looked at each other already knowing who had entered the house.

"Hey, didn't you have a homework to do?" Norman asked and Sherry nodded "I think you should do it now, later I will help you, okay?"

She looked like she was about to say something, but Norman interrupted her "You know you don't have to worry" He gave a reassuring smile, but that didn’t calm Sherry.

Sherry reluctantly left his older brother's room and went into his own room. Locking the door soon after.

He took a deep breath before going into the kitchen and seeing his father staggering to the fridge.

"Oi, where are my beers?!" He asked as he put his face in the fridge "I come home after the work and there is nothing for me to eat?!"

From the way he dragged the words and the smell of alcohol coming from him, Norman guessed that he was already drunk "You drank all the beer you had in the fridge, and you are unemployed"

"Shut up, you brat" He said as he closed the fridge door with unnecessary force "Just because you're a little smart do you think you can talk to me like that?!"

Norman closed his eyes when he noticed that he was starting to approach, mentally berating himself for saying something.

"You really are a lot like your mother" That was one of the phrases he used to say the most when he was drunk, that is, all the time.

Norman had never understood what that meant. He was much more like his father, at least physically, the little difference between them was the colors of the eyes and the hair, Norman had ocean blue eyes and snow-white hair while his father had a deeper color of blue eyes, like the night sky and slightly grayer hair.

"Always with that damn smile, always meddling in the lives of others" Norman clenched his fists but hadn't opened his eyes yet "She was a real bitc-" He was punched before he could finish the sentence. The punch had not been strong, but it was certainly a surprise to have received it.

"Don't you dare insult my mom" Norman said coldly as he looked at his father who was still surprised "I don't care about being insulted, but never try to insult my mother or sister again "

Norman was about to leave the kitchen and return to his room when he heard a laugh. He turned again and saw that his father was laughing. Norman blinked confused.

Before Norman could threaten him again, his father walked past him and opened the front door again, this time to leave "You really look a lot like her" He said before closing the door behind him, leaving a confused Norman alone in the kitchen. Was that an insult?

He released a breath he didn't even know he was holding. For a minute Norman thought he was going to get beaten up for hitting him, but the reaction was completely different than expected.

*
*

"Norman?" Sherry asked sticking his head into his older brother's room "We can talk?"

It had been about three hours since he had threatened his father and Norman was still confused. So confused as to not notice how much his phone was vibrating and beeping.

"Uh? Ah, homework. Yes I help with your homework" Norman said as he got up from his bed, where he had stayed for the last three hours looking at the ceiling.

"Actually, I was wondering what happened when you were talking to him..." Sherry said, shifting her gaze to the floor "I'm worried..."

Norman smiled at his sister as he ruffled his brown hair affectionately "This time it was nothing bad, really, it was just... Confused" She looked at him trying to understand what that meant."But something more important! Did you do your homework?"

"Yes! I asked for help from one of the smartest boys in my class" She smiled happily at him "Oh, and someone is sending you a lot of messages. Maybe it's your crush" Norman felt his face heat up at the thought of Emma sending him hundreds of messages.

"It certainly shouldn't be her, she would have no reason to send so many messag-" Norman gasped when he saw that most of the messages were really from Emma.

There were a few from Ray and a few from the group he was with everyone, but most were from Emma. And there were many messages from Emma.

Sherry looked over his shoulder, which took a lot of effort because of the height difference, and laughed at the ridiculously high amount of messages Emma had sent him "So her name is Emma. She seems to like you a lot" Norman's face was even redder.

"If you stop talking about it, we're going to buy ice cream right now" Norman said as he covered the lower half of his face with his hand, trying to cover the persistent flush on his face.

"What were we talking about?" Sherry asked innocently as she left her room, looking forward to the ice cream.

Norman laughed lightly at his sister before responding to Emma's messages and apologizing for not responding before.

Even when they were already eating ice cream, Norman couldn't shake the confusion about his father's reaction. But in a way he was proud to have retaliated for the first time.

He smiled as he watched Sherry eat his strawberry ice cream with sparkling eyes.

Maybe he was not as much of a coward as he thought.

Maybe if that feeling he felt for Emma was really love, then maybe he would have a chance with her.

**

I should be sleeping, but who needs to sleep when you have night inspiration? Jk, don't sleep late like me, please.

You may already know this if you read it until the end, but even so I will put it here:

Sorry for any mistake, I'm still learning English