4 - Family (Logan Sanders)

Shut up he's my favourite along with Remus
Warning: Genderfluid Logan, gender dysphoria, Logan forces themselves to present male,
This one is short so bare with me

Logan twirled around in the dress, smiling. She was a girl today. She pushed her glasses up her nose and pushed her hair out of her eyes.

But no one knew. No one knew she was genderfluid. Usually, she identified as male, but today her body and mind told her she was female.

She couldn't go outside like this.

Logan looked at herself in the mirror, tears beginning to sting her eyes. She shook her head. It's okay—she'll just power through it. Through the dysphoria. Through the unknown misgendering.

She couldn't blame her friends for misgendering her on days she was female. She hadn't told them.

"Logan?" Someone knocked on her door. "Breakfast."

"Okay!" Logan called, beginning to unzip her dress. "I will be a minute, so please start without me."

"Okay!" Patton said, then his footsteps started retreating.

Logan changed into her binder, blue shirt, tie, and jeans. As she looked at herself in the mirror, it felt like she was staring at an impostor. Then, without a second glance back, she left for the main rooms.

"Good morning, Logan," Roman greeted. "How are you?"

Logan took her seat at the table, "I am doing alright. How are all of you?"

Virgil looked at her with a weary look, "I'm doing fine."

Everyone answered about the same. People were talking among themselves while eating.

"Hey Lo?" Virgil asked. Logan looked up to show she was listening. "Could I talk to you? In private?" Virgil asked.

Logan nodded, standing up. She followed Virgil up the stairs and to the end of the hallway. They stood in silence for a short while.

"You know I can sense anxiety," Virgil said. Logan nodded. She had a feeling she knew where this was going. "You seem to be experiencing a lot of anxiety," Virgil said. "Do you wanna... talk about it?"

Logan just stared. Yes. Yes, she really did. She wanted to tell someone.

"Yes," she breathed. "Please."

Virgil cracked a small smile and led Logan into his room. They sat on Virgil's bed, which was very comfortable.

"Okay," Virgil said. "Take your time to tell me. You can change your mind. Take as long as you need."

Logan nodded, fidgeting with her hands. Then, Virgil gave her a fidget cube, which helped greatly.

"Well..." She started. Her throat was tight. "I... I've been meaning to tell people for... quite some time..."

Your voice is too low. This isn't what a girl should sound like.

Logan ignored that.

"I... I'm..."

How will he react? Will he hate her? Will he tell everyone and make fun of him?

"Hey, Logan," Virgil said. "What is said in this room stays in this room. I swear."

Logan nodded. Quickly. Spit it out. Fast. Simple.

"I'm genderfluid," Logan said weakly. "I have known for a while. And... I usually identify as male, but occasionally I identify as female and... it's hard when you're surrounded by people who don't know."

Virgil nodded slowly, "I wish I could say I understand. It must be so hard."

Logan wiped her eyes, "And... And I identify as female today... I wanted to wear a dress... but, what will the others think?
Virgil gently took Logan's hand, "I swear they won't react negatively. Did you forget that Janus came out as demiboy? Or Patton as asexual? And plus, we're all gay."

Logan held Virgil's hand, nodding, "Yeah... Yeah, thank you."

Virgil smiled, "Of course. Do you want to go put on the dress or wait?"

"I'll... I'll go put on the dress," Logan said, smiling softly. "Will you walk with me to the kitchen?"

Virgil squeezed Logan's hand, "Of course."

Logan couldn't reach. She groaned in annoyance, "Stupid fucking bra."

Virgil knocked softly, "Logan? Do you need some help?"

Logan sighed, "Yes, please."

The door opened and closed, then Virgil was behind her, "Bra issues?" Logan smiled sheepishly. "Don't worry," Virgil said, taking the clasps from Logan. Quickly, they were done and the dress was zipped up.

"Thank you," Logan said.

Virgil nudged Logan, "I'll always be here, Lo. Wait, is it still Logan?"

Logan nodded, "Yes. I have found out 'Logan' is an androgynous name. May I ask for another favour?" Virgil nodded. "Do you mind helping me put on some eyeshadow?"

Virgil smiled widely, "No! I love putting on eyeshadow! Do you have some pallets?" Logan nodded and they went to the washroom.

"Finished," Virgil said, stepping back. Logan opened her eyes and looked in her mirror. She gasped in awe. It was a beautiful, dark blue with hints of black along the end.

"I love it! Thank you, Virgil!" Logan cheered. The eyeshadow went perfectly with her dress. "Would you like to go downstairs now?"

Virgil nodded, washing off his hands. He dried them and held out his hand, "It'll be okay."

Logan nodded, taking his hand, "I know."

They walked to the end of the hallway, just before the stairs. Logan took a deep breath and walked down with Virgil.
Silence.

"I wanted to tell you something," Logan stated from her place in the living room. "It is long overdue. I am genderfluid and today I identify as female. Usually, I identify as male. I hope you do not see me any differently. I'm... I'm still Logan. Still Logic."

Patton walked up to her, gently resting a hand on her cheek, "Of course you're still Logan. You're still our Logic. You're still the Logic that annoys the crap out of Roman. You're still the Logic that likes to watch the stars. You're still the Logic that likes to dissect things with Remus. You're still our Logan, sweetheart."

Logan smiled, tears falling from her eyes, "Thank you." She trapped Patton in a hug, finally feeling safe in her own skin.

981