Running. C.1

*I'm writing three stories at once cause I can. Feel free to check out the other two, they're decent. I'm not good at complementing myself. Oh well. Y/n will be a child, probably about 12.

Blood oozed out of the girls arm as she desperately scrambled down a slope. The area was new to her, but she'd seen enough maps to have a decent idea of where she was. Her breathing was heavy and dry, but she couldn't stop to find water. That'd be a death wish. She continued to stumble through the thick under brush, knowing death could be moments away. She could no longer hear the person pursuing her, but she knew she couldn't lose them for long. The gash on her arm wasn't actually that bad, but it still hurt like hell.
A loud clanking sound filled the air as a low, hoarse whimper escaped y/n. She slowly looked down but she already knew what it was. She was filled with adrenaline, but it didn't cover all the the pain from the bear trap. Thick metal teeth dug into her leg and she desperately clawed at it. It only felt as if it was embedding itself deeper into her flesh, and she broke out into a cold sweat. She could her someone trudging through the trees now.
"No no no," she muttered as fuzzy spots began to cloud her vision. With one last heave of effort, she managed to open the trap a little wider. It wasn't much, and her hands were shaking violently, but she was proud of herself in that moment. She silently cried into her free leg, as she sat on the ground pulling her foot from the pointy prison. More gashes raked across her flesh, and she desperately wanted to let go. But she didnt. That would be the death of her. Instead, she continued on until the jaws clamped shut in a loud thud.
She propped herself against a tree before trying to put pressure on her leg. Pain exploded through her leg and she was jolted awake from it. Using the trees as support, she began to slowly shuffle away. She pushed through the trees until a path was in view.
A small yet pitiful smile kept to her face and she limped over across it. Every step she made was excruciating, but she didn't dare give up. Once across it, she sat down and slid into the ditch. She carefully hobbled down the road, until a bridge was in sight. A shaky breathe escaped her lips as she tumbled in the area below it. It was one of the only structures nearby, and she was hoping the person hunting her thought she was too dumb to go there.
Plenty of people traveled this path, so she was hoping to find help within that time. Not the best plan, but it was all she had. She stiffly dug a roll of bandages from her pocket, and tried her best to wrap her arm. Her breathing was still hoarse, hands still unsteady. She padded the gaping wound on her leg with the end of her sweater sleeve, hoping it wouldn't get infected. Tears gushed down her face, almost as fast as the blood on her leg. She did her best to cover the leg, but the bandages were soaked with blood, and darkness was beginning to refill her vision.
She thought she could hear hooves trampling the dirt and gravel, as well as voices. Everything seemed so muddled and distant, a thick haze covering her senses. She wanted to sleep, but tried her best not to. Blood continued to flow down her leg, slowly forming a puddle. She rest her head against some rock, listening to the voices that seemed so close yet too distant. She lazily shifted her head at what sounded like rustling, before squinting as a blurry figure stopped in its tracks.
It turned to yell at something, before walking up to her. It was speaking, but the language sounded foreign and all y/n could focus on was the blood leaving her body. It leaned down to her, and reached for hervleg. She tried sitting up, but her efforts were weak and pathetic. Y/n didn't like feeling pathetic.
She could barely keep her eyes open, as she felt the world spinning around her. She thought she saw more figures, but she wasn't sure. In all honesty, she didn't really care either. She was too tired to care.
Last thing she felt was a shock ringing throughout her body as her injured leg was moved, and someone picking her up and carrying her up the bridge.

780 words. I usually go for over a thousand, but I'm really tired. I'm actually pretty happy with the result. We'll see how I feel tomorrow though. Sorry it was so short, I'll try and update later.