The horror outside - Drew Angst

Some Drew and Nevin angst!! Sorry not sorry dudes but the beans are gona cry A L O T. Welp I hope you all have a good day/night and all stay safe!!!!
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The sounds of the forest around him echoed and screamed around him as he ran threw it's twisted maze of trees and bushes. The air burnt his lungs as his legs began to fall beneath their own weight. No matter how hard he tried to believe he was gaining space between him and the thing behind him it's voiced creeped into his ear reminding him how he may never get far.

The tree's seemed to thin as hope seeped into his body as a final push of adrenaline burned throw his veins. The light from the windows in the house seemed to be a guide to safety, all was left was to get home and every thing felt as if it would be fine.

The grass beneath his feet was wet with early morning dew as the water soaked threw his shoes, the water brought the ache in his legs and feet back to reality as he inched closer and closer to his house.

The gap between the woods and the warmth of his home had never been so far yet oh so close. Just as his hand firmly grasped the door handle something snaked around his ankle dragging him to the floor.

Tears filled his eyes as his fingers dug into the earth beneath him as he was dragged back towards the forest. He watched as his house became smaller and smaller as hoped seemed to do nothing but fade from his head.

All the pain from the day almost shocked themselves back into Drew's reality, his legs ached from running and blood dripped infront of his eyes as wounds from earlier that day re-opened to the harsh movement of being dragged on the uneven forest floor.

Suddenly, the metallic smell of blood filtered through to the young boys brain, the familiar surroundings caused the colour to drain from his face as he muttered hopeless thoughts to himself. Begging for this nightmare to finally be over.

The thing around his leg released it's grip causing Drew to instantly sit up and look around. The nest like shape was all to terrifying for the boy to stomach, he tried his hardest not to look behind as the breath of the thing fanned over the back of his neck.

His whole life seemed to flash before his eyes, all the mistakes he made flashed in his head making him regret everything he had and hadn't done.

The world around him began to blur as he felt the air leave his lungs, had it always been this hard to breath?

"Now, hold on a little longer, can't you? The dead taste far worse than the living",

A blurry figure stood above him, it's legs slightly above the floor and a cable like tongue held from it's neck into the shadow abyss of the woods. No matter how blurry the wold became the ghostly figure above him was all too familiar.

"N-nevin" , The boy coughed as his lungs began to burn, the figure didn't move nor blink. He was less alive then Drew as what was left of him was just a puppet for something hidden in the shadow of the woods.

Blood soaked the older boys face as his lifeless eyes stared straight forward, he's feet dragged as his body was dragged away from the nest towards the wood. Drew desperately tried to grab the boy but his fingers where far to numb to keep his grip as the remains of his brother as he disappeared into the trees.

A loud crunching and snapping noise came from the woods, Drew finally allowed the tears to fall from his eyes onto the ground below. With a sigh he lied on the ground and stared at the stars above as he felt his life fade away.

The sound  of leaves and trees snapping and bending as something large dragged itself across the forest floor towards the boy, but he didn't care, he refused to care. All he wanted was to be able to see his brother one more time and apologise  for what he did.

Maybe if he hadn't said anything Nevin would have never gone into the woods by himself, and maybe he wouldn't have become a puppet for a flesh eating monster that lurked in the woods but what did he know.

The monster breath fanned over the boy as it stood over him, everything began to fade as the world turned black as the monster brought it's face closer to the young boy below, it's jaw wide enough to eat him whole without a second thought.

And just like that, it was all over.