"Aloha means Hello"

Waking up to the chirping of birds is all I ever wanted. As soon as I brushed the drowsiness off my face, I heard a thudding on the door of our hotel room. The door gave way and a short husky fellow set foot in.

"Hello ma'am, I'm Nitish. I'm your driver for the sightseeing tour. I'd suggest you get ready by 9 O'clock if you don't want to miss out on the opportunity of visiting the best tourist spots of Theog." The man stated.

What 9 O'clock? It's already 8:15 and I haven't taken a shower yet! Ugh.

I clothed myself as fast as possible. And we set out to our very first day in the streets of Himachal Pradesh!

I sat on the passenger seat. The numbing cold wind thwacked my face persistently, rejuvenating my worn-out soul. I felt like I'm on cloud 9. I wanted to relish every moment.

Nitish pulled the car up in a local market called Theog Bazaar. My mother has been enthusiastic about snapping up enthralling wood carved wall hangings.

I was rambling in the streets when I unexpectedly bumped into that hazel-eyed guy. He ran his fingers through his umber hair. No sooner did I bite my lips than a flamboyant grin plastered on his face.

"Are you lost?" asked he.

"Uhm. No...I was just...Uhm...knocking around." I maffled.

"Oh, I saw your mother bargaining over the price of a 'Kullu shawl'. I thought she forgot about you." He smiled.

"Hahaha. No. Are you too a tourist?" I asked, intending to continue the conversation.

"What? No. I live here. I'm a Himachali!" said he with a conceited smile.

"That's wonderful. I'm Aloha by the way." I offered him a handshake.

As soon as his brawny hands touched mine, a chill ran down my spine. It felt like it was this moment I have been waiting for, for my whole damn life.

"Aloha. A nice name indeed. But could you tell me what does it mean?"

"Aloha means Hello in Hawaiian," I answered.

"I think we're blocking the entrance of a shop. If you don't mind then I know a place..."

"Uh. Oh. Yeah, sure we can go there." I said promptly.

Through the crowd, he rushed me to a local café. We occupied a two-seater table in the café what they call a 'couple table' ;)

Suddenly I snapped out of the daydream. What am I even doing? I'm hanging out with a stranger!

"You know what. I have to return to the parking lot by 10:30." I said.
He pursed his lips.

"Having said that, we still have half an hour to gossip," I said.
He gave me an ear-to-ear grin.

Moments later our coffees arrived. 
"So, what does Aloha do?" He asked while swirling the coffee with the spoon.

"I'm still studying. Want to pursue physics honours. And what about you?" I asked.

"I'm an entrepreneur. I've my own car rental business."

Half an hour passed in a blink of an eye. It was such an unwonted day. You meet a person the other day and suddenly he asks you out for a coffee and you find yourself infatuated with him- that's how love stories start in movies and books!

I asked him to drop me off at the parking lot. Luckily, my parents didn't reach there yet.

"It was nice meeting you, Aloha?"

"Mitra." I bade him goodbye.

" I bade him goodbye