Chpter Nine

"Vanilla, I don't think it's necessary," Zack whispered in my ear from behind.

I shudder.

I will kiss you senseless if you don't stop turning me on.

"Oh shut up! Will you?" I was blushing but still rolled my eyes at him so he won't find out about my inappropriate thoughts and continue to find a gift for a certain three-year-old hazel-eyed girl. "You know nothing John Snow, " I ended dramatically and ruffled his hair.

He pouted! Hot damn, If that wasn't tempting.

After my weeping session in the park, he held me for a while and then kissed my forehead but....... it got awkward real fast afterwards.

I was blushing. So, I think he took pity on me and suggested we grab a bite together. We skipped the rest of the school and headed to the diner in his jeep.

At the diner, I asked him about Raine and when he told me she was devastated last night, I decided to apologise to her in person too. I should do some damage control.

Then I informed him about my revenge mission which made him furious but I know he was mad at Nick and this made me smile. Hell! A smile doesn't even cover it all up, I was grinning so hard that my face starts to hurt.

When he called me Vanilla in front of the waitress to annoy me, she chuckled at us and asked us if we want ice cream. I just glared at him with a red face and throw a napkin at him.

Jerk!

Even though I had told him my name last week he still calls me vanilla. And don't you like it? I do. Very much....but he doesn't need to know that.

"My name is........" I trailed off to give a dramatic effect but he just narrowed his eyes at me.

When I didn't answer for a while that grasshole pinched me which made me yelp. I hit him, then after pinching him many times-

I told him my name.

I hope you'll remember this time.

"Ashley?" He scrunched his nose.

"Hey! What is wrong with my name?" I pouted at him and his gaze moved to my lips. I swear it took a lot of restrain to not jump his bones then and there.

I would look more like a bull chasing a red cloth than a girl trying to be sexy.

"No, your name is fine...." He grinned and after a long silence continued, "...but that's the problem, it's just fine. I like vanilla better." He told me and starts laughing after noticing my glare.

Son of a barbecue!

We ate in silence, secretly sneaking glances at each other. It's still a little awkward due to our intimate moment in the park. After finishing our lunch we were about to get out of the diner when an idea popped in mind and I told him to take a short detour to a gift shop. It'll help in the apology.

Which brings us to....here.

"How can I help you, dear?" The shopkeeper (who looks really old - like Cleopatra's mummy type old.) asked politely.

"I need a gift for a three-year-old girl," I told her loudly so she can hear me clearly. She blinked several times with a confused frown before her face light up in understanding.

"I'll back in a minute dearie." She said and then disappeared behind the counter. I start looking around too to distract myself so I won't be tempted to smother Zack's mouth with kisses.