Chapter Sixteen

Two years ago

Oh my God, I'm so tired!

This is hell!

"Stop dragging your feet you lazy shit," Kate yanked my hand for the fifth time.

"Why can't we take a caaaab!" I whined and stomped my feet to annoy her.

"Because Jina's house is just only a couple of blocks away from yours," Kate rolled her eyes. "Stop being a drama queen and......walk properly."

I just love annoying her.

We don't attend too much high school parties but today, when some new girl 'Jina' invited us, we decided to check it out. Her family moved into the Biggest House in our town last week. It's an insult to call it a house because that thing is a fricking mansion.

She must be throwing a party to make some new friends here.

"I can't walk anymore, I'm tired. You have to continue your journey without me." I said and wipe the sweat from my forehead.

Ok, I may be doing this on purpose but she was calling me lazy, so I decided to show her my full-on koala mode.

She glared and turned me around abruptly.

"What do you see?" She asked and pointed her finger at a house she was trying to show me.

"Nothing," I muttered and gave her a cheeky grin.

"That is your house, just 70m away. How the hell did you manage to get tired within only this space?" She threw her arm in exasperation.

"I thought you knew I'm lazy." I raised my brow and give her a challenging look.

"Ok, I get it. You are doing this to get back at me, aren't you?" I smiled and bobbed my head in agreement." Then next time...I should just give my mom's cookies to someone else - by the way she's making some tomorrow." She shrugged and start walking again.

Oh my God!

Cookies!

I love Cookies. Scratch that - I love every edible thing.

"No, you can't do that to my innocent stomach," I begged her not to do this unspeakable thing.

But my pleas cut off when somebody honks at us from behind.

We weren't walking in the middle of the road but still, we provide a little more space for the jeep to move forward. The jeep was familiar to my eyes and I know it's him before he even opens the door to get out.

Honestly, I don't hate him as everybody else does. It's maybe because he never said or did anything personally to disturb me and to top it off he helped me once. He didn't even take credit for it and after that, I always knew he isn't as bad as he wants everyone to think.

A few months ago I was walking home from Kate's house late at night when some drunk creepy guy started to follow me. He grabbed my hand after a few minutes and When I tried to fight back, he took out a knife from his pocket.

Yeah, like action movies!

I started screaming for help and tried to snatch my hand out of his grasp but it didn't work. He clamped my mouth with one of his hands and demand for all the valuable stuff I had, that's when my hero appeared to save me. Zack must have heard my voice because he rushed towards us quickly. I still remember how relieved I was to see his face that night.

"What's going on here?" Zack asked in a low voice.

"Go home kid or you'll regret coming here," drunk guy's words came out slurred.