Chapter 16

Kaylai King

California

"Uggh" I sighed looking at Kari watching as he snatched some niggas 1s off the ground putting it in his pile of money. All the niggas was out today standing on the corner by the corner store playing dice.

"What you over their sighing about" Kari said as he stood up putting some of his money he won in his pocket.

"I'm hungry" I said looking up at him while looking down at my apple watching seeing it was almost 3 o'clock and we've been out here for a hour now.

"Kay turn around, what's that store right there, walk over there and get you something" he said crouching back down grabbing the dice.

Looking around I looked behind me too make sure he was talking too me. "Don't start showing out in front of your little friends na" I said looking in my purse too see if I had some cash because corner stores love having a $5 minimum fee.

"Mmcht I ain't showing out for na one" he said smirking reaching over grabbing someone else's stack of 1s.

"On broo, Shooter you cheating like a mafacka" some nigga said sighing

"Na ion never gotta cheat" he said mugging him then looking up at me

"You gonna walk or you gon starve"

"Nigga I'm going chill up off me" I said rolling my eyes at him

"Don't look like you moved though, just checking"

"Anyways, Zai you wanna walk with me to store right quick" I said looking over at Zai who was standing beside Dee all close. Looking up at me she moved out if his arms laughing at something.

"Yeah i'm thirsty as hell" she said walking toward as we both started our walk to the store. "If you go in there and buy a pickle make sure you buy some gum with that stank ass shit" kari yelled before I got too far.

Turning around I mugged him cause he swear he funny. "Don't worry about what I got going on sir while you over there trying to be funny" I said turning starting my walk again

"I sho wasn't trying to be"

Ignoring him Zai and I walked in the store immediately walking to the soda and water freezer. "So what's been going on with you and Dee" I said looking at Zai as she grabbed a smart water following me to the aisle where the bagged pickles are.

"Friend ion even know, he is fine as hell with his lil dimples. But other than his looks he is smart really smart, I think he's feeling me bad, but ion know how to go about after all the stuff that has been happening in my life. Ion know if i'm ready for a relationship" she said

"I see where you coming from just talk with him then, cause one thing I know about Dee is he like communication. Both y'all some simps anyway gon be a cute ass simp relationship" I said laughing

"girl bye, I ain't no simp" she laughing as we both walked to the front desk putting our things in the table so he can ring them up. Looking around I seen some little side candy that be on the table, looking at the gum options I grabbed spearmint gum putting it on the tables with the rest of the items.

Fuck him

After ringing everything up he put everything in a black bag paying. We walked out the store walking back over to the niggas seeing they were doing the same shit as when we left. Gambling. Shaking my head I grabbed the smart water out handing it too Zai.

"Thank you friend"

"Mhmm"

"Hmm look who we see, 2 ugly ass bitches one that's wants to replace me soo bad with her black ass. Then we got the fake bitch who can never keep her mouth close bout me. I'm weak as hell" I heard a familiar voice say behind as we cross the street.