"Ta-Da!"

Dipper walked downstairs rubbing his eyes and yawning. The floor boards creaked and he could smell sour cabbage and bacon coming from the kitchen.

"Pancake Day!" shouted Grunkle Stan.

"Pancake Day?" questioned Dipper.

"Ta-Da!" Grunkle Stan placed a pancake on Dipper's plate with a huge grin on his face.

Dipper examined the pancake closely. He could see a strand of hair poking out of it.
He pushed the plate aside.
"I'm not hungry but thanks Grunkle Stan." Dipper said as politely as possible.
"Suit yourself," Grunkle Stan answered trying not to sound offended.
Dipper could hear loud footsteps coming down the stairs. Outside the kitchen door, stood Mabel breathing heavily holding a box of what looked like fairy lights,candles and wrapping paper.
"I GOT THE SUPPLIES!" Mabel screamed excitedly.
Dipper looked at her confused.
"Supplies for what...?"
"Grunkle Stan you tell him" Mabel smiled.
"So basically...Mabel was thinking of throwing a party in a few days and we were thinking of inviting everyone in town."
"And you agreed to this??" Dipper said angrily.
Grunkle Stan stood silently.
"Why do you care so much?" Mabel blurted. She crossed her arms and looked down at the floor.
Dipper wanted to say something. He wanted to be honest and tell them how he felt about this whole summer vacation. But he didn't.
Silence crept into the room.

"I'm gonna go hang up the fairy lights," Mabel sighed. "Oh yeah and Grunkle Stan, go and make some invitations,"
"I"m on it,"
Dipper sighed. He stared at his book whilst it glistened in the sun.
"If only you were here" he muttered.