Chapter 5: The Random Roster Race. And... Who In The Icing Are You?! Turbo?

~ORELINE P.O.V

After picking up Snow's kart which was still hidden by the kart factory, we speed towards the race. Ralph was riding with Vaney while Felix rode with me. 

When we got to the track, we noticed that the race had already started. "Okay, remember, you guys don't have to win. Just cross that finish line and you'll be a real racer." Ralph told us, directing the last bit to Vaney. 

"We're already real racers," Vaney said as we drifted onto the track, stopping our karts. 

Snow gave the two a smirk. "You doubt us?" she questioned as Ralph and Felix hopped off the karts.

Vaney nodded. "And I'm gonna win," Vaney told them before she and Snow started their karts, driving ahead. 

Felix gave me a worried look. "Be careful, okay?" he asked me. 

I smiled, nodding. "I will Felix," I told him, giving him a wink.

He blushed as I started up the engine, driving to catch up with Vaney and Snow. I was able to catch up to the two. 

"You ready to win this race?" I asked them.

"Yeah!" the two cheered as we arrived at Gumball Gorge. "Well then, let's win together!" I said, causing the two of them to nod in agreement. 

We jumped the ramp and landed in Gorge. We dodged the gumballs and headed toward the speed boost at the end. We took it, flying over a few racers, and landed in front of Minty. 

I gave her a nervous smile as she glared at us. "Sorry, Minty," I apologized.

"Behind you!" Vaney taunted Crumbelina.

She tried to block us but we drove in front of her. "In front of you!" Snow taunted slightly, giggling. We drove up Cake Hill, catching up with Taffyta, Rancis, and Candlehead. 

But when we got close enough, Rancis must've noticed us. "It's The Glitch and her friends!" Rancis yelled. 

Tafftya looked back, seeing us. "The Glitch and the Losers? Light them up, Candlehead." Tafftya commented. 

Candlehead laughed, using her kart to make the cherries turn into cherry bombs. 

Our eyes widened while we gasped. "Drive!" Snow yelled before we started driving faster. 

Snow and I managed to get in front and Vaney was behind us, but she had to keep glitching to avoid the blast.

"I told you. You're just an accident waiting to happen." Tafftya taunted her.

We got to the flake tube which we used to gain speed to leap over the icing lake and cupcake hills, landing on the ramp on the other side. We managed to get behind the three when Vaney glitched in front of them.

I freaked out and grabbed Snow's kart and we glitched in front of the three as well. Taffyta, Rancis, and Candlehead screamed, losing control of their karts. The three of us screamed as well before we flew out of the tube.

Vaney, Snow, and I made it to the other side but the other three didn't.

We continued racing up the ramp as I heard Taffyta crying from behind us. I breathed a sigh of relief. "That was close..." I muttered.

Snow nodded in agreement. "Agreed," she said.

Vaney sighed. All right. Gotta keep it under control. No more glitching." she said before we speed up, trying to catch up with King Candy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~FELIX P.O.V

We were watching the billboard, seeing what places the girls were in. Vanellope moved to second, Orey was in third, and Snowanna was in fourth. I crossed my fingers with a small smile, happy that Orey was doing well but also worried. "Okay, kids. Let's finish this thing without any more surpri-"