Chapter 24: Burn

Hey hey hey! Welcome back to another chapter of Grofflin! Things are gonna get intense in this episo-- chapter, so get your tissues and ice cream... you're gonna need it. A Christmas special is coming soon. And that is going to be one of the final chapters. This story is going to get wrapped up in about the first or second week of January.

hOWEVER! Don't be sad! After spring cleaning is finished, a new story is coming! I have dropped a few hints but here is 1 more:

-This story has TWO yes- TWO ships combined! One is a Hamilcast ship... the other is a Hamilton ship.

Sooo yea. Plz don't yell at me. I promise there will be about 10-12 more chapters before the end. (THAT'S PLENTY)

I'm legit writing this on Google Docs on my Chromebook during Chemistry class so please excuse me if you find any notes about the periodic table randomly in here.

Enjoy chapter 24!
_________________________________________

~^* 1 ½ months later... *^~
(Yeah, yeah, I just did another time skip... dEAL wITH iT)

~Lin's POV~

Work.

The one and only thing on my mind. Scribbling down random lyrics to possible songs for Disney. I was probably driving Groff crazy with my pitchy piano notes trying to come up with a melody.

"What can I say except... except...godamnit!" I threw my pencil across the room, banged my head on the table and groaned. "Except what...?"

"Hey hon... you seem kinda tired so I bought you some coffee from Starbucks!" Groff stated as he closed the front door behind him.

"MmmmMmMMm..." I whined as he placed the warm cup next to my head.

"You're welcome..." Jon responded sarcastically as he rolled his eyes. My head shot up. You could almost see the light bulb that exploded out of my brain.

"THAT'S IT!!" I exclaimed excitedly. I chugged the entire cup in a matter of seconds. I placed it into Groff's hand, and frantically started writing.

"Umm... what muffin was that?" Jonathan asked, extremely confused.

"Did you seriously just say 'muffin' instead of cursing?" I turned around to face him.

"Yes, I'm a child of God. Children of God don't use such language as that." He responded in his King George lll British accent.

"I've seen you do worse..." I chuckled as I spun around to complete my idea.

"In your dreams Mr. Hamilton...in your dreams..." He rolled his eyes as he brushed through my hair.

"Exactly." I smirked and winked at him, causing him to blush madly. I picked up the paper and smiled. "It's perfect."

"What's perfect?" He questioned.

"My song for Disney!" I smiled bright.

"Can I hear it?" Jon pleaded excitedly.

"In your dreams Georgie..." I chuckled as I trotted to our room so I could record a demo. Jonathan rolled his eyes and crossed his arms at my come back.

I carefully closed the door as I opened my laptop. I wasn't going to quite record the song yet. I had some more work to handle... work I shouldn't have to handle.

I sent an email over to her with some of the money attached. I quickly deleted the conversation from my history so Jonathan couldn't see. I then received a call from my phone. I opened the screen wincing at the bright light. Daveed. I clicked the green answer and speaker phone button.