Chapter 3 "Welcome Home"

Hello hope your enjoying the story so far! ;)
You can also follow my TikTok @nekomashoma0312
Sorry if this chapter is longer :3

Chapter 3
(YOUR POV)

I woke up with Kyo's jacket wrapped around me ever so gently, with one side hanging off my shoulder. I woke up to the buzzing of my phone. Mom was calling me. I pulled out my phone from my back pocket, that got stuck on the zipper on the way out. I pushed answer and pulled the phone to my ear.

"H-hey mom." I said while rubbing my eyes to wake up. "(Y/N) I need you to come home right now!" She yelled into the phone screaming bloody marry.

"Why what's going on?" I replied like I just woke up from a ten year coma.

"No further questions! Just come." Before I could get another word in she hung up.

I should probably get this jacket back to Kyo. I climbed down the ladder of the roof and made my way to my home. As soon as I opened the door I got cut off.

"Hey m-" "(Y/N)!!! I swear I'm gonna kill him!" She said, placing her hands on my shoulder. Jeez they were cold!

"O-ok mom c-calm down." I said while tapping her shoulder.

"I can't stay calm!!" She replied.

She practically looked like she had not slept in days.

"M-mind telling me what happened" I questioned her.

"(Y/N) it's a disaster they want me to go back to California!" My eyes widened to the thought of moving back, I had just made some friends.

"B-but I like it here." I couldn't help it, I was angry and annoyed by the thought. We just got here!

"It's only been 2 days..." I said while shrugging my head. "S-sweetheart I know, I'm sorry it will only be for a month."

I couldn't stand it. For the first time in my life I felt pissed at the thought of leaving. I had took off my shoes and looked down. I was still holding Kyo's sweater. Why was it a Jean jacket but felt so warm and gentle the second he laid it on me.

"(Y/N) come down I have some exciting news for you!" I walked down the stairs, looking to see my mother smiling while slamming the phone back on the holder.

"Your gonna be living with the somas from now on!" She said it like it was no big deal.

She just gave a warm smile, but you could tell it was like she was giving away her treasure.

"I-I'm gonna live with t-the somas? Y-you mean like Yuki, kyo, and Tohru?"

I had a look of confusion on my face, why am I lucky enough to live with such a happy family? They live so care free, I've always wanted to try the living happily thing. I guess I've been trapped in my own bubble.

"I talked everything out with them, you've been so close with them lately I feel it would be good if you could stay with them, why don't you pack you bags?

"She said while handing me Kyo's jacket. "Maybe you can give this back to him." She winked at me while throwing the jacket into my arms.

"Ok" I nodded. I ran and gave the biggest warmest smile to my mom. She's always looking out for me.

This was the first time I ACTUALLY smiled for a long time. I ran up the stairs before letting my mom get another word in.

"S-she smiled... I missed that." I heard my mother mumble. She smiled and looked back down. I'm happy I showed her the happy side of me for a change.

One day later...

"(Y/N) we have to get going now if I wanna catch the plane!" She screamed from down the stairs.

"Coming." I replied. On the way to the car I couldn't help but tap my feet.

Mother could tell I was excited. I got to the door and mom put her arm around me.

"When ever your ready." She whispered softly over my head. I pushed the doorbell in fear.

When I heard the door creaking open I felt the anxiety going threw my whole body. So I did what I felt was right... I put my head down. Mother pushed it back up chuckling in her voice.

"Why hello there (Y/N)-san! Welcome home."

I heard Shigure say as he opened the door. I looked up to see Tohru, Yuki, and Kyo behind him. I held my head up high this time. "Welcome home
(Y/N)!" They all said in sink. Was I smiling? What was this happy feeling. I think I'm happy. This will be fun, not sad! That's enough for me.