Chapter 4 "The Orange Cat"

Sorry if this chapter is on the longer side.
Enjoy the chapter! :)
TikTok- ._.toastedlikearmin._

Chapter 4
(YOUR POV)
Same day...

I had been unpacking all day. Tohru was nice enough to let me share a room with her for now, at least until I had an actual place to stay. 

"(Y/N) please make yourself at home." Tohru said as her always cheerful self as she left the room. "(Y/N) can I come in?"

Kyo asked. Kyo was as awkward as ever but I didn't mind. "Ya, come on in." I replied while closing my suit case, some of Kyo's jacket still sticking out.

"Shigure is asking if you want to eat out tonight, wanna?" You could tell he tried to look around the room.

"W-wait is that my coat?" He muttered under his breath.

"O-oh yeah carrots I was gonna give it back to you." I said it calmly but I couldn't hide my blush. I was shy but wasn't scared to act confident once and a while.

I threw the jacket right into his arms but I can't say I didn't regret it.

"Thanks but you can keep it if you want, I doesn't really fit me anymore anyways." He said while throwing the jacket back at me.

"O-oh ok thanks, I didn't really bring a jacket so this will be h-helpful."

He left the room without another word. We ate out that night. Shigure was nice enough to pay for the dinner. The somas have an interesting way of living, but for some reason I'm Intrigued.

The next day...

The alarm clock went off, the beeping was annoying but I couldn't move. Gosh why is Tohru so collected? Makes me look at myself and think I should really get it together. "S-sorry (Y/N)." She said while jumping out of bed.

"I can turn it off." She was scattered in the morning but so collected at the same time.

"Please do!" I groaned while talking the hair out of my mouth.

"Wow you really have a bed head huh (Y/N)?" She chuckled.

Getting ready in the morning was hard. I bared it though... mostly because I was pumped to walk with them today.

"(Y/N) meet us outside ok?" Yuki yelled from down the stairs.

I walked outside just like on a normal day, accept something was off. Maybe I was gonna miss my mom more than I thought. We continued to walk on to our way to school.

"Oh don't give me that!, you damn rat!" "Oh shut up you stupid cat." Yuki responded calmly. It was back to a normal day, Kyo and Yuki at each others throats once again.

The school day pasted pretty slowly, but it was exciting. I met Kakeru and Machi. They were actually really nice. Kakeru has a big energy, not to sure how Yuki tolerates it though. Machi is quite but has a voice of her own, almost reminds me of myself.

"(Y/N) would you like some potatoes?" Tohru said while making my plate. "O-oh sure,thanks." I replied back.

Tohru was really good at cooking, but she was so humble about everything almost impossible to give her a complement. Suddenly Yuki and Kyo's chop sticks happened to touch the same rice ball.

"The hell was that? You damn rat!" Kyo said while shoving his chop stick away. "Ugh." Yuki sighed. "Have it your way then you stupid cat." He snapped back. "I'll kill you someday I swear." "Every time you say that it becomes more and more amusing." Yuki said while slamming his chop sticks on the table.

They really don't know how loud they are do they.

"Oh!" I shouted. "S-sorry I forgot I was supposed to call my mom. May I be excused?" I asked Shigure.

I always spoke politely towards Shigure, felt like I was being some help at least.

"Oh (Y/N), you don't need to ask." He said while pointing towards the roof ladder. It's almost like he knew I was going there, witch he wasn't wrong.

I walked up the roof ladder, and sat down looking at the moon. I pulled my phone out of my back pocket and called my mom, I missed her so much. We talked as we usually did, almost like we were right beside each other.

"S-so (Y/N)." Mom said with fear in her voice. "I think it might be longer than a month... I'm sorry sweetheart I promise I will be back as soon as I can!"

I couldn't describe what I was feeling at this point, I missed my mom and all I wanted was for her to be right beside me again. It felt wrong to have fun here with the somas while she was working hard to support us. The talking went on but I tried to stay happy, mostly for my mother's sake. After the call I didn't leave, in fact I almost stayed up there the whole night.

"Hey why you still up here?" Kyo muttered while grabbing the ladder to push himself up.

"O-oh hey K-Kyo." I slowly moved over so he could sit beside me. "What's wrong?, I can tell your sad it's not hard to point out."

I felt questioned but at the same time I actually wanted to talk about it.

"M-mom said she's staying for more than a month... I just miss her I guess."

I replied while pulling my head to my lap.

"O-oh that sucks" He said while lowering his shoulders.

Kyo was very big hearted but didn't like to show it, well mostly to Yuki. I don't have an answer for why I started crying. I tried to wipe the tear from my eye before he saw it, but he bet me to it.

"C-come on don't cry on me-" I cut him off.

I was embarrassed but I clung to him like a normal person would. I fell into his arms and cried like a little baby. When a baby comes into this world it cries to use it's voice, In that moment I did the same. My hand pulled down his shirt almost stretching it. He awkwardly put his arms around me, almost crying himself.

"Shit!" I heard him mutter.

Before I knew it an orange poof came from In front of me. His clothes were on the floor along with his beaded white and red bracelet. I looked down and saw a cat laying on my lap, looking rather embarrassed if you ask me. The cat huffed while looking up at me.

"A-an orange cat?" I questioned. Wait something isn't right.