Discovery and Realization

The 701 room was unusually empty during the afternoon, only having two canines in it instead of the usual six. A labrador lazily watched the sky by the window. On the other side of the room was a wolf, busy searching the room from one corner to the other.

"Jack, did you see my book? I can't find it anywhere."

"Book?" Jack looked away from the window to Legosi. "What book?"

"The book about beetles." Legosi scoured his bed once more. "I swear I put it here yesterday..."

"Oh, that one!" Jack exclaimed. "I was curious, so I borrowed it for a bit. It's on my bed."

Legosi raised an eyebrow. "Oh? I thought you weren't that interested in bugs."

"I'm somewhat interested," Jack rubbed his nape. "I still wanna try to understand more of my best friend's hobbies, Y'know?"

Legosi couldn't help but smile. "Thanks."

Jack didn't answer. He averted his gaze, his cheeks now slightly red. The wolf's smile impacted him more than he liked to admit.

Legosi didn't pay much attention to his reaction and went to the labrador's bed. It didn't take him long to find it as it was there in the open, next to Jack's pillow.

"Hm?"

While picking up his book, Legosi saw a corner of what looked like a magazine poking out from under the pillow. He glanced back at Jack. The labrador was back to looking out of the window, not paying any attention to the wolf.

Too curious to leave it alone, Legosi lifted the pillow with as little movement as possible and took a peek. Maybe he could read it like Jack did with his book! That way, he could get to know more of the labrador's interests too! Legosi's tail was already wagging at the idea.

Then he got a clear view of the magazine.

Thick, bold letters spelled out the words"Big Bad Wolf" on the magazine's cover, "Playin' dirty~" and "Alpha Wolf!" decorated the rest of it. And as if that wasn't enough, on it was a built male gray wolf in his boxers sprawled out on the floor, hanging his tongue out teasingly.

Under that magazine was another one just like it. Same content of gray wolves, albeit this one was tamer with the wolf on the cover fully clothed. But the title...

"Read now! 10 secret ways to charm a wolf~!"

Shocked was not enough to describe what Legosi was feeling. All he could do was stare at the magazines in disbelief as they lay there on the bed.

There must've been some kind of mistake. Maybe Collot put them there to prank Jack or something. Cause there was no way, no way in hell that his best friend Jack would be reading this kind of thing. Because if he was... If Jack was reading it...

Considering the content of the magazines and what species Legosi was...

"..."

No way. Maybe he was just into male wolves in general, and Legosi just happened to be one. Yeah, that was definitely it. This was just a coincidence.

"..gosi."

Unless-

"-Legosi?"

Jack's voice made Legosi's fur stand on end. He hastily put the magazines back under the pillow and turned to Jack with a forced smile. "Wh-w-w-what is it?"

"Um, are you okay?" asked Jack. He stood up and walked toward Legosi.

Legosi threw his hands up. "I-I'm fine! Nothing's wrong!" he said as he slowly backed away from the labrador, inching closer and closer towards the door.