Assist

"Legosi."

"J-Jack!" Legosi took a step back, startled by the labrador's sudden step towards him.

"Are you okay? You've been really weird lately," said Jack. His voice was full of concerns for the wolf.

The other canines in the rooms glanced curiously at Jack and Legosi.

Legosi averted his gaze, rubbing the back of his neck nervously. "I-I'm fine Jack."

Jack wasn't satisfied with that answer. The same answer he had been receiving for the past few days. "Really? Cause it seems like-"

"-I... I need to do something real quick. Sorry!" said Legosi as he scrambled out of the dorm room, almost falling in the process.

Caught off guard, Jack could only watch the wolf leave. He groaned. "Ughh! Why's he like this so suddenly?" He looked down on his feet, now having a pained look on his face. "...Did I do something wrong?"

Jack shook his head. Sighing, he made his way towards the door. "I need to calm my head down. I'll be at the library if you guys need me," said the labrador as he left the room.

...

"You guys noticing this?"

"Hm? Notice what?"

Miguno furrowed his brows. "Don't tell me you haven't, Legosi!" the hyena exclaimed.

Durham scratched the back of his head. "Legosi?"

Miguno turned towards the canines sitting near him. They were sitting in a circle formation. "You guys noticed that Legosi's been avoiding Jack, right?" asked Miguno.

Collot stroked his chin, causing Voss on his shoulder to sway a bit because of his movement. "Now that you said it... yeah. It's like he's being all awkward around him lately."

"Really?" asked Durham. "I haven't noticed."

The hyena rolled his eyes. "'Course you haven't, Durry. You're blind to this stuff."

Durham scoffed. "Says the one with glasses on their face."

"But you said I looked cute in them!"

"You still do!"

Collot cleared his throat, making it audible enough for the two bickering canines to hear. "Anyway," he glanced at Miguno, "why are you bringing this up? Did something happen between them or something?"

"Something did happen, I'm sure," said the hyena. "And..."

"And?" Collot prodded.

"And I think I might know what it is."

Voss grumbled. "Spill the damn tea already."

Miguno threw an annoyed glare at the fox. He sighed. "Fine." He took a breath before speaking again, "Legosi probably found out about Jack's crush on him."

It took some moments for them to register what Miguno had said. Collot was the first to speak out.

"Wait," he threw out one of his hands towards Miguno, "so Jack does have it for Legosi?"

Miguno tilted his head, a bit confused by his reaction. "Wasn't it obvious?"

Voss grinned as if he just won something big. He nudged the sheepdog's head with his elbow. "You owe me twenty."

"Shut up," growled Collot. "I'll pay ya later."

"Pfft, you guys betted on that?" said Durham.

"Glad I did."