13) The meeting

"Mama! Your one and only son's home!"

Elijah yelled into his house, kicking his shoes off and throwing his school bag to the floor.

"Oh Elijah! Go an' get some garlic I- Oh my God! My children!" Elijah's mother walked into the hallway, wearing a pale red dressing gown and what looked like a traditional African head wrap. She stopped mid sentence as she spotted Priyanka and Noah setting aside their shoes neatly.

Her fluffy home slippers slapped against the floor as she embraced the two in an engulfing hug, shoving her own son aside.

"I missed you two so much! Elijah what is this? Put your shoes nicely, Jesus... sorry about that you two, Elijah got his messy habits from his father," she said in her thick african accent, slapping Elijah on the back of his head.

"OW! Mama..." he mumbled, rubbing the back of his head.

Elijah's mother reached up and kissed Elijah on the cheek, "You all a' growing so fast, I remember when I 'ad to bend down just to comb your 'air, ha!" She patted Elijah on the cheek and walked away, "I made food, you all come eat once you change!"

Once Elijah's mother walked away he turned to his two friends and awkwardly scratched the back of his neck.

"Uh, yeah so," Elijah flung his arm in the direction of the single staircase that lead to upstairs, "Clothes... wardrobe... Okay, let's just go up to my room," he rushed out, hurriedly walked to the stairs and jumped them two at a time.

Within seconds, Elijah was out of sight and the remaining two friends burst out laughing, following him to his room.

Once they entered the room, they immediately shut the door behind them and hurried over to an Elijah who was already changed and wearing a black turtleneck and jogging bottoms. He was then unfolding the letter and bringing out his little square coloured sticky-notes.

"To be honest, I'm a bit disappointed the letter didn't hold anything juicy," Priyanka shrugged, pulling it out and scanning the words, "But it's definitely something that can get Ray in trouble. Sounds like they're exchanging weed or something."

"I... I don't think Ray does drugs," Noah defended quietly. Every time he had gone close to Ray, he always smelt either fresh or had a deep musky scent. Priyanka gave him a strange look, before looking away to the paper again.

"Well! Key things to find out are what are the RS and BS, what the RS have and want," Priyanka recited, taking off her shirt and taking one of her spare tops out of Elijah's cupboards.

"I still think they want drugs- hold on why are we doing this all again?" Elijah questioned and stopped midway from writing Priyanka's said statement on a pink sticky-note.

Tugging on her pair of cotton leggings, she pulled her hair upwards into a high ponytail and grumbled out with her hairband between her teeth, "Because we all dislike Ray. I have a grudge on him for offending me and my mum between his little words, you still haven't forgiven him for unnecessarily fighting you-"

"That's very true," Elijah interjected, continuing to write down notes with his blue-inked pen.

"But as for you.." Priyanka raised an amused eyebrow at the silent Noah who was slowly putting on a grey hoodie, "I'm pretty sure you still hold a grudge for that hick-"

A pair of socks was tossed at Priyanka. She caught it with both hands and giggled at the now cherry red boy who yanked the hood over his face. 

Elijah covered his small outbreak of a laugh as a cough and glanced at Noah with a knowing grin, "Plus we're all very curious."