Part 4 - Falling In Love!?

Chloe's POV...

I woke up by the sound of the First Call going off as I groaned and rubbed my heavy eyes. I saw Stanley shot up from his bed as everyone else was already up and waking up the others.

"Come on Magnet!" I heard Squid yell, nudging Magnet roughly. ZigZag was up and walking around to get his jumpsuit.

"Morning, Chloe." He smiled at me as I groaned and nodded.

"Morning."

Everybody soon left and I got changed into my jumpsuit, grabbed my hat and gloves before putting them on. Finally, no more blisters!

We went to get breakfast and went off to our holes. It was slightly cool, but still hot.

We began to dig our holes as I noticed Zero and Caveman were silent for most of the time. The boys were chatting every two minutes which I didn't mind because it was too quiet otherwise.

Zero's feet were already down into his hole as I couldn't believe how fast of a digger he was. He was a small, young, quiet boy. Oh well, must've been difficult or something before he became soo good at digging holes.

"Chloe?" A boy called over. It was X-Ray. I looked over at him, leaning onto the shovel's stick.

"What?" I asked as he started to speak straight after me.

"What is your last name?" This caused all of the other boys of D-Tent to look at her, wanting to know as well.

"It's none of your business." I told them and continued to dig. "Now continue ti dig before you melt like an ice cream."

"I could use an ice cream, man." Magnet groaned as the boys chuckled.

"I would have chocolate with rainbow sprinkles." Armpit smiled as Squid nodded in agreement.

"Chocolate is the best!" Squid cheered.

"No, man. Vanilla is." ZigZag told them.

"Yeah, Vanilla is good, dawg." X-Ray smiled and began to imagine eating one right now.

I groaned and sat down in the slightly dug hole. I was dead already. Second hole is easier, but it was hotter. The sun was rising soo quickly! I am melting like that Witch from The Wizard of Oz.

I drank some of my canteen as I sighed in relief. The water was soo refreshing.

---

Pendanski came up with the water truck as I quickly got up and beat X-Ray in line.

"Suckers!" I yelled as X-Ray growled.

"You have your own place in the line, and that is at the back!"

"Tough! I can barge in all I like! Ladies first." I laughed and gave Pendanski my canteen. "Hi, Dad." I whispered as he smiled softly and filled it until he couldn't no more.

"Hi, Chloe." He smiled and gave me my canteen.

"Thanks." I walked away as I was tapped by Squid. "What?"

"I think your nickname should be Barge." Squid smiled as the other boys nodded at the name. "So your not Chloe, your Barge!" Squid smiled as I shrugged it off and walked to dig again. I needed to catch up with the boys. Even Stanley was ahead of me.

---

After every ten or twenty a minutes, a boy finishes. Zero finished like two hours before another D-Tent camper finished, which was X-Ray.