Part 7 - Camp Green Lake's Past!

Many years ago...

Camp Green Lake was just called Green Lake. It was green, 'peaceful', actually had a massive lake and some very nice people.

A different race man named Sam was a very helpful guy to Green Lake. Most people appreciated his kind acts.

The warden's grandfather, Trout Walker owned the lake by the time she was born, but his father owned the lake at this day of age.

---

"Get you sweet, sweet, magical onions!" A man yelled who turned out to be Sam was selling all types of onion products. Horses, men and women went past and around the town as it wasn't completed crowded. "Get your elixirs, health potions, onion tonics." Sam grabbed an onion and walked around his carrage. "Onions. Get your onions here, folks. God's own chosen vegetable. Nature's magic vegetable right here, folks." He saw a familiar man and woman walk over. "Mr Collingwood, let me see your head."

"My head?" He asked with a smile, hands in his pockets.

"Yes, sir." Sam nodded as the older man took off his cowboy like hat. "Yeah, that's what I thought. I got exactly what you need." He got some juice in a small, glass bottle. "Just rub this on his head every night, Mrs Collingwood. Before you know it, his hair is gonna be as long and thick as Mary Lou's mane." Sam pointed to his mule, that was named Mary Lou.

"Thank you, Sam." She smiled, took the bottle as the seemed like married couple left. Sam then saw the kids and their teacher walk out of the very small school. She smiled at him and he smiled back.

"The ancient Egyptians knew the secrets of the onions." The kids srood near him with big smiles plastered across their faces. "How its potent juices can cure stomachaches and toothaches, measles and mumps, rheumatism haemorrhoids. If you don't believe me, just ask Mary Lou." He walked over to his adorable mule with a slightly smaller onion. "All she eats is onions, and she's almost a hundres years old." He fed it to her as she began to eat ot with no problems.

"How would you know, Sam? You're not a day over 25." The one named Miss Katherine asked as she slowly held a girls head, but she didn't mind at all.

"Nature's magic vegetable, Miss Katherine." He petted Mary Lou and walked away and saw man get off his carrage.

"I don't care how much gold is back there. I ain't goin' back without some lizard juice." He walked over to Sam while speaking to his companions and turned around the face the obviously younger man.

"See your friend wasn't soo smart. Too bad he didn't know yellow-spotted lizards don't like my onion juice." Sam referred to the dead guy covered in grey blanket. More men walked over, but one or two had their eyes on the pretty teacher, Miss Katherine. "Get your sweet onions, folks. Health potions, lizard oils, onion tonics, cure-alls." The youngest looking man dipped his hat at her as she looked down and away. Everyone could tell she wasn't interest him him. "And for you, Miss Katherine, I have this special bag of onions." He grabbed a bag of onions and walked over to the woman.

"Thank you. And your peaches." She handed him the jar of peaches that she collects most of the time.

"Thank you."

"Sometimes I think Green Lake, Texas, is heaven on earth. Those peaches are the work of an angel." One man spoke quietly so only the group around him could hear.

"I like peaches." Another man said as they chuckled.

"Come on, boys. Buy you a drink, Sheriff?" The man who dipped his hat asked and walked away.

"Buy me two." The Sheriff nodded.

"I'll see you later, Miss Katherine." Sam smiled and packed everything away and left with Mary Lou.