Not the only friend

Gauri woke up to the morning light disappointed that she was alone on the bed. Why can't he sleep for a bit longer... she loved snuggling to that warm body of his early in the morning... Mr. Early-bird... she muttered and frowned... her eyes still adjusting to the light.

She hated his habit of opening the blinds of his window soon after he wakes up... can't he let her wake up normally...and not to the sun glaring down at her? What time of the day is it anyway... she thought looking at the clock to see it was past seven thirty in the morning.

He must be in the gym... she concluded getting up and making her way to the washroom opening her bag for her utilities. Once she was clean and dressed in her tracks, she made way to the kitchen to greet his mother.

"Good morning aunty" she said hugging her and Jhanvi chuckled ruffling her hair.

"Good morning Gauri... when did you come?"

"Night" she replied making Jhanvi look at her pointedly.

"Don't tell me you came to Om to lecture him on not fighting with his father... while you did exactly the same thing..." said Jhanvi in a scolding tone and Gauri avoided her eyes.

"Gauri..."

"Jhanu aunty... he was wrong"

"And so is Tej...when he forces Omkara"

"But..." Gauri started and sighed shaking her head... "Leave it I don't want to start the day with an argument.. give me your special coffee Jhanu aunty please... please..." she asked cutely instead making the elder woman mutter "dramebaaz bacche"

"But you love me"... sang Gauri and Jhanvi grinned "That I do" she said and kissed her cheek.

"Hey... what about me then... pati ko bhul gaye ho(you forgot your husband)" said Tej who walked into the kitchen.

"No... I don't love you... You keep pestering my son" said Jhanvi and Tej rolled his eyes... "I just asked him to take over his responsibility... how is it so wrong?"

"Look... even Gauri supports me in this... she is on my side... aren't you chutki" he asked turning to her and she vigorously nodded her head making him grin in satisfaction

"Dekha... that's like a good girl... and look at your son... always argues with me"

"Haa haa... we were just discussing how you and Omkara get along so well unlike Gauri and her dad..... nahi?" said Jhanvi in all sarcasm glaring at Gauri.

Gauri immediately got to Tej's side and hugged him "See uncle... she is glaring at me for being honest... let us get you married again... I want a sweet and simple aunt" making Tej laugh as he hugged her back.

"Sure... I was thinking the same my dear"

Jhanvi gasped at that raising her hand to give both of them a whack while Tej steered Gauri away from the kitchen still laughing.

Once confirming that Jhanvi wasn't running behind, Tej parted from Gauri who was already staring at him.

"Hmm... heard you broke your promise yesterday Uncle" she commented.

"I am a father and he is my son... it is a rule that we should argue once in a while chutki" he said smiling

"Really... you come up with such dumb excuses now uncle?"

Tej sighed "I agree he doesn't like my ways... but the empire now supports hundreds of families Gauri... after me someone has to take over the business right? He gives speeches on righteousness...can't he understand that the families dependent on the business might get affected if the company gets into the wrong hands?"