Not only a friend

So i liked the interactive guess work... so I decided to reward you... 😇😇 so double update...
**********************************************************

"Om!! what happened... did you two fight?" asked a worried looking Pinky as soon as he entered the house.

"No aunty... why did you ask? Can't I come on a normal visit?"

"She looked upset and asked me not to enquire anything..... running to her room when I asked her what the issue was"

Omkara sighed and looked at Pinky "Will you answer me honestly if I ask you something?"

When she merely nodded in confusion Omkara asked.... nervousness evident in his tone "Does she love me...? and when I mean love I am not talking about friendship aunty"

Pinky smiled at him caressing his face and he returned the smile relieved..... his heart finding peace "Talk to her... she can't keep it to herself for long" said Pinky and he nodded before taking the stairs to reach her room.

Knocking on the door... he heard her shout from inside "Mom.. I am all right... don't irritate..."

"Gauri... open the door" he asked and she stopped her bicker taking some time before opening the door and letting him in.

Omkara stared at her, trying to figure out the reason why she refused him in the first place if she was in love with him...

Was Tani exaggerating?....

Gauri's face looked calm and composed though he knew from her body language that she was anything but that.

"Why are you here? Did your friend leave?" she asked when she had enough of his piercing gaze.

Oh.. so acting ignorance... is the theme? he thought and played along.

"No... we just decided to have our time later" he said and held back a laugh when she turned to him with an angry look.

"Go... and enjoy... Tanisha must not be the one waiting... she is important to you than your meeting... evidently"

"Tani is an understanding girl" he spoke further irritating her.

"Her name is Tanisha"

"Yeah.. but I call her Tani... sweet hai na... apna lagti hai...(it feels she is close to me)"

"Kyun lagna hai apna...? (Why should you feel her close?) you never told me what she means to you Om... may I know?"

"She...." he started and gave a big pause before he answered "is a friend"

"Friend... like me?"

"Why are we discussing Tani now Gauri? what is bothering you?"

"Don't act ignorant... Explain to me why she is that dear to you when you know her only for a year before you graduated ...you were in contact with her for three years.. you never spoke about her to me.... She says she loves you and you just chuckle... you cancel your appointments for her while you don't even come to my birthday party stating you have important meetings always... is she more important than me....?"

"And does it affect you? That she is more important to me?... tuhje farak padta hai?"

"Of course it will affect me.. I am supposed to be your best friend"

"Just best friend Gauri?.... am I only a friend to you?" he asked making her widen her eyes in surprise.

"Enough of the hide and seek... I want to know the answers today... do I mean more than a friend to you or not.... Do you love me or not?"