Chapter 10: Surprise

Philippines POV
-----------

" What did you need to get in here," asked Phil.

" I left my notebook in here," said South Korea, looking around the science room.

South Korea had asked Phil to come with him, something about not wanting to be alone. Philippines knew why, everyone knew why. South Korea didn't have the best relationship with his brother, North Korea. Every chance North Korea got he would beat his brother up at school. He was a temperamental kid that North.

Philippines was happy to go with his friend, and he felt bad for South in all honesty. South watched his mother die, dealt with his brothers constant beatings at home and school. South says the first chance he gets he's moving in with Japan and escaping it all. That was South Korea's big dream. To find a better and happier life. South was unique, for almost the same reasons as Japan was. He had cat ears and a tail, but that's not what made him unique. He was very gifted in music and was generally outgoing, but just not as out there as Japan was.

There was a bright future ahead of him.

" Mind helping me look," asked South.

" Yeah sure," said Phil.

That's when they heard the door lock behind someone. That's when the lights went out. Phil felt South grab his arm, clinging to Philippines in terror.

" W-Who's there," asked Phil.

" This isn't funny," said South, his voice trembling with fear.

Phil turned, waiting for his eyes to adjust, that's when they struck. Whoever it was hit Philippines in the back of the leg. His leg gave out from under him and he fell, crying out in pain. South let go and cried out in fear, not knowing how he could help. They were both helpless in the dark. Phil tried to stand up, but the attacker struck again. This time, he hit Phil on the head. He must have been using something like a pole, or a baseball bat. Phil saw stars after the last hit.

Someone help me, he thought in terror.

The attacker struck again. Something warm and sticky started to run down Phil's face. Blood. He couldn't feel his left eye. The attacker struck again, again on the head.

God, someone please help me.

Then the last hit came.

Then everything was quiet.

...

South Korea POV
--------------

South managed to find the light switch and flick it back on. He stared in horror at the limp body of Philippines on the ground. He crawled over to his friend. The attacker must be gone, he didn't see anyone else. Phil was laying face down in a puddle of his own blood. It looked from his closed left eye socket, his mouth, nose. But he was still alive. Barely.

South rolled his friend onto his back so Phil didn't drown in his own blood. That's when the guy struck again. He must have been hiding from sight. The bat struck the side of South's head and he felt dizzy. He fell on his side then slowly sat up and looked at his attacker for the first time. Blood dripped into his right eye, forcing him to close it. But he could still see out of the other eye. He could see his attacker as clear as day. His only wish was that this school had cameras.

" R-Russia," stuttered South," W-What are you doing?"

Russia smiled, blood dripping from his bat," Solving my problems."

Then he raised the bat high above his head and smashed down on South's head again. And South lived his worst nightmare.

Being beaten to death.

----------------

I have no comment.

[[Word Count: 612]]