10

Jake is smirking when he drags a creeped out Jay with him. They both enter the café to be met with no available tables. Jay is annoyed by his best friend's behavior and sighs. “See? I told ya, it's full,” he remarks. The Australian boy however ignores the older and leads them towards an already occupied table at the corner of the café. “Where the fuck are you going?! Let's just go somewhere else,” Jay tries to argue and moves to the opposite direction.

The younger snickers at that and continues his way towards the table occupied by two students of their school. “Hey, sorry to disturb you guys,” Jake greets the two boys with a smile and waves at them in a friendly manner, “would you mind sharing a table with us? There is no available table anymore and we can use this chance to get to know each other better as we're from the same school and even class.”

Jay is clearly not happy about this suggestion of his friend which is why he elbows him promptly and says, “Haha, never mind. This friend of mine is getting weirder lately, so don't mind us and just continue whatever you were doing.” Just as the half-American is about to go away, Sunghoon - one of the boys at the table - speaks up, “I never said no, so why not? I think it's a good idea to know more about each other.”

After that being said, Jay and Jake sit down across from the other two who seem younger. A sudden silence covers the atmosphere. Jungwon - Sunghoon's friend - decides to break the awkwardness by asking, “Uhm... Hey, what do you guys want to drink?”

“Iced Americano,” Jay and Sunghoon answer in unison without noticing until they saw their friends' gazes on them. “Made for each other,” Jake mumbles as an additional comment and lets out a small laugh. Not hearing him, the others look at him questioningly.

“Ah, nothing. I'm gonna go order the drinks with uhh... ,” Jake glances at Jungwon unsurely not knowing his name yet and nonetheless quickly adds, “you guys can talk in the meantime.” Without leaving Jay and Sunghoon any chance to protest, Jake swiftly gets up and gestures Jungwon to do the same. Luckily, the younger understands his hint and complies.

That's how they leave the bickering couple on their own.

Jake and Jungwon join the end of the rather long queue to order the requested drinks of their friends. As they realize that they'll have to wait for quite some time, they start a small talk.

“So, you're Jake, right?” the younger wants to make sure and looks up to the other. “Yes and your name is...?” Jake replies and smiles slightly. “Yang Jungwon,” Jungwon completes the sentence and adds, “but you can call me however you want to.” “Nice to meet you, Jungwon and likewise.”

After talking for a while, Jungwon notes, “Your friend and Sunghoonie Hyung... there seems to be quite a strong tension between them.” Jake chuckles at that and nods in agreement, “I know, right? But don't you think that they still match perfectly?”

” Jake chuckles at that and nods in agreement, “I know, right? But don't you think that they still match perfectly?”