20

Jake is about to call Jay when the latter appears just in time. "What took you so long?" the Australian greets the other with a wave. The blonde just rolls his eyes and replies, "Yeah, hello to you too." The younger chuckles at that and says, "Haha sorry but someone is already waiting, so let's go inside." "Huh? We're hanging out with someone?" Jay asks a little confused and follows the brunette. Jake just nods as an answer and leads the way.

After the two boys borrowed two pairs of ice skates from the counter, they change their shoes and go inside the ice rink. "Do we really have to skate? You know I'm bad at it," Jay tries to convince Jake for the last time when they were about to step a foot on the ice surface. "We're already here, so there's no going back," the younger says and silently adds, "and I'm sure Sunghoon can teach you." Just when Jay is about to ask the other what he said, he sees someone nearing them and he hears a very familiar voice.

"Oh you're already here?" the person speaks to Jake until he notices another person next to him. Jay and Sunghoon both look at each other or more like glare at each other the moment their eyes meet. "Why is he here?" they both say in sync and turn to look at Jake. "I thought we could have fun altogether. The more the merrier ~," Jake answers nonchalantly and starts to skate away from them. "Have fun you both ~," he adds with an innocent smile. "Ah wait-" Jay tries to stop him but to no avail.

Now he is all alone with Sunghoon and he can't skate at all. "Well, I'm gonna skate too," the black-haired says and is about to skate away too when he notices that the older is clinging onto the rim a little too tight. "Uhm, are you alright?" Sunghoon decides to ask the other and halts his movement. "Haha sure, just go on," Jay replies with a forced smile not wanting to show his weakness in front of his rival. Sunghoon sighs and moves closer to the older, "You don't know how to skate, do you?"

"What makes you say so? In fact, I can skate pretty well," Jay retorts and tries to sound confident. "Ah I see. That's why you're basically glued to the rim," the younger replies with a raised eyebrow. "Ugh, alright. I suck at it, satisfied?", Jay huffs in defeat and would cross his arms right now but then he would fall which he wants to avoid. "Why are you here then?" Sunghoon asks with a small chuckle because he's amused by the blonde's action and covers it with his hand. The older takes notice of his smile nonetheless and can't hold back his own smile in return either.

"Well, Jake kinda forced me," Jay says and looks at the mentioned boy who seems to be enjoying his time on the ice. "So you're going to stay glued here all day?" Sunghoon asks after a few minutes of silence. "What can I do? My wonderful friend left me here on my own and I suck at skating, so I rather stay here than keep falling," Jay answers as a matter of fact and tightens his grip a little. "I could help you if you don't mind..." Sunghoon suggests and runs his hand through his hair as he avoids to look at the older. 'Why did I say that? I'm stupid,' the black-haired thinks and mentally slaps himself.

"What?" Jay is taken aback and looks at the younger surprised. "Ah nevermind," Sunghoon wants to wave it off and leave when he feels a tug on his sleeve. "Uh I'd be grateful if you helped me," the blonde says and adds, "please." "Alright, but you need to let go of the rim first," Sunghoon tells him. "You sure? I'll fall if I let go," Jay asks hesitantly and is suspicious of the idea. "Well, you can't skate if you continue clinging onto the rim," the younger explains. Jay lets out a long sigh and carefully removes his hand from the metal just to hold onto Sunghoon's arm with both hands now.

"You know we can't skate if you cling onto me either," the figure skater states with an amused smile and tries to loosen the other's grip. "But I'll fall otherwise," Jay tightens his grip and focuses on the ice. Sunghoon gives up on loosening the older's grip on him and skates a little bit towards the middle to have more space. "Not so fast," the model tells him and shuts his eyes in fear. "It's only ice, you won't die. Why are you so afraid?" Sunghoon wants to know and stops as he finds a good spot to teach the other.