Introductions Are Necessary

~We are living in a material world and I am a material girl.~

The interviews were tomorrow... I'm just a little bit stressed. Okay maybe a lot but I need to show them I'm powerful, even if it's not true. I had already gained the nickname 'Princess of District Four' and I was treated like this as well.

I walked through corridors stressing about what I was going to say as I found the kitchen for the tributes. I love eating my feelings away it's just the healthiest way to deal with them. I saw a figure grabing something from the cupboard and I laughed as they turned in fear.

"We're about to go into an arena with 22 people who are trying to kill us, you can't get scared at a shadow trying to grab a snack."

"I wasn't scared."

"The way you jumped says otherwise."

"Okay fine I was but you can't tell anyone I am meant to bring honour to my district."

"So you're a career."

"Just like you are. Does the Princess of District Four have an actual name?"

"Y/n. You don't look that old?"

"I'm fourteen and you?"

"I turned tweleve on Reaping Day."

"I saw you on Reaping Day, you're crazy for volunteering. No offence."

"I like crazy over princess plus isn't volunteeringwhat your district is known for?"

I walk over to the bench he was sitting at and watch him cut his sandwhich in half as I sit on the bench. He joins me after throwing the knife into the sink and handing me the other half, I hesitate.

"It's not poisoned Your Royal Craziness, I promise."

"Ha. Ha. You're so funny." Sarcasam dripped from my voice as we laugh together. "I never caught your name?"

"Gloss. Why are you out this late?"

"I got bored of thinking by myself."

"Thinking about who you're going to kill?"

"Oh one hundred percent, youre first actually."

Gloss pulled a shocked face and put his hand to his heart.

"Little old me?"

We laugh and talk about our district lives. He had a sister called Cashmere and apparently she was really nice. I told him about Maria and how a part of me had always wanted to join the games though not threw volunteering. He was my second friend, Harry was of course my first. We fell asleep after a while.

"Gloss wake up! We have interviews today."

Him and I wave goodbye to each other as we run back to our rooms. My sylist were waiting for me and asking where I was but all I could do was giggle. I don't know why but a part of me didn't fear death. I loved my District, the people qnd especially the beach but a part of me had wanted more. I had always put myself in risky situations just to feel something and maybe this was it.

When they were done I made my way down to the interviews with Harry our hands locked the whole time. I will admit when I saw Gloss up on tv he seemed completely different and not like the boy I met last night. He was confident with just an annoying hint of arrogant. Fun.

"Now a big aplause for this beautiful girl. We saw her volunteer and we saw her outshine everyone at the parade. Shes District Fours very own Princess and our youngest tribute. Y/n Darkwood!"

Everyone applauded making me feel sick, how could you be happy that such a young child is going to be traumatised for life or even worse murdered so young. Nevertheless I walk on stage with confidence and even give them a spin before sitting down.

"Oh Ceaser you truly are the sweetest boy in Panem but don't worry you don't have to butter me up to get my secrets."

I give a fake giggle and cover my mouth as the audience starts whispering, they like my act.

"You're making me blush Y/n. What secrets do you have?"

"Well to start I already heard the districts talking about who's going to be killed first. Something about Teo not liking Three."

Gasps all around the audience as they all lean forward to hear more making me smile. Was that true? Nope. Am I just shit stirring to save my own ass, yup. Ceaser leans closer right as the bell goes.

"Such a shame we cant hear more but give it up to the Princess of District Four! Y/n Darkwood!"

Cheers were heard from everywhere as I walk past Gloss and his partner and smile. They both smirk back and I know I have their trust. Thank god.

Harry was after me and I decided to wait for him in our room and practice a bit with my knives and trident. They  were the only weapons I knew as a kid due to learning them for fishing.

Tommorow was another day.