Meet and Greet

~High achiever dont you see? Baby nothing comes for free.~

I haven't talked to Harry much but their was a form of mental agreement that we would both protect each other. We got to the training room where the rest of the tributes were but were clearly early as only Careers were there. This was the perfect chance actually. I watch as they stare Harry and I down while we go to the fake arena.

"Hard or medium?"

"Who do you think I am Harry? Hard of course."

Harry nods as we get ready a trident lay around 20 steps ahead of me but I had knives to start with. Harry took his position to make us back to back his spear ready in his hand. Lets show the Careers who's boss.

An orange holograph ran at me and I threw a knife threw its head as another came to my side I slice my other knife threw its neck avoiding its attack. One by one they fell and each time Harry and I got stronger together. I felt more eyes on me then before but that didnt scare me.

"Down."

Just like a dog Harry listened and I use the trident to vault onto hid back then swing the trident into the last holograph. I let out a sigh and Harry looks up smirking as we both bow to all of the tributs watching.

"How long do you think-" Before Harry could even finish his sentence the Careers had come up to us. "You were right."

"When am I not Hary?"

Gloss nods at the girl from his district and she takes a step forward from their group, so she needs to go first.

I may be young but if I was going to survive this I was going to need to grow up. 'Emotions are weak' was a quote dad always told mum, he was reaped the day I was born.

"So clearly we're all the best so I say you join us as the Careers. We needed a district to take Twos place."

I give her a smirk and shake her hand, my plan was folding out perfectly. Harry and I started training with them and when it was time to leave Harry left with the girl from One which left me with Gloss. I felt connected to him for some reason.

"Was the Princess ditched?"

"Hey, you can't talk!"

"Somethings off with you but I dont care honestly. You seem like the only down to Earth person."

"Down to Earth is a stretch. Im quite literally enjoying myself when I know in two days I'm getting sent to a slaughter."

"That's because you know you're going to make it out. You're the only person I am actually willing to lose to."

I laugh as we walk to the kitchen and he starts making the same sandwhich as the night we met.

"Ranking days tomorrow."

"I know the schedule Princess."

"I can leave you know."

"But you won't."

I got up and left just to prove a point, call me petty I dont care. I walked past Harry kissing the girl from District One on the cheek. He better tell me about this. He turns and sees me staring and so does the girl from One as she blushes and runs off, we're all just kids.

"Tell me everything."

"Nosy."

"Shut up and tell me."

Harry and I sat on my bed and talked about the girl all night and for a while I forgot we were about to fight to the death for... what even is it for? Honour? Money?

Before I could forget I knocked on District 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 6, and 2s doors and gathered them as a group. Lets just hope everything goes as I hoped it would.

"You're probably wondering why we gathered you."

"Yeah, we are."

Two glared at me but I smiled softly at everyone.

"Who here thinks they are going to die by Careers?" Everyones hand went up, perfect. "Well at the start I say we ally with each other and take them out together. They cant kill this group, we out number and out force them."

"Aren't you in the career group?" I raise my eyebrow at the girl from 9. "Sorry."

"Don't be sorry. We partnered with them so we coule give you the signal."

Everyone agreed with us, even District Two. We didn't invite 7 due to them probably telling the Careers starsight away. I felt a sense of hope maybe, just maybe, I'll make it out. I would even be happy with Gloss making it since he did care a lot more about it then I did.