chapter five

If people had listened, things would've turned out much different.

Oh, but people had no reason to listen to her! She sounded delusional, and perhaps she was. But perhaps she was just different. She saw things that others said were not there, even though they were. She often wondered if THEY were the different ones. They were there, clear as day, and the others couldn't see them? Sounded like delusion to her.

Whether she-or everyone-was crazy didn't matter. What mattered was that they didn't listen.

Luna Lovegood practically gave them the future on a silver platter and no one bothered to look into it.

The beginning of how this came to be starts in the year of 1960, one year before the spell Harry Potter had been cursed with was created. Our tale begins with Armistice and Prestinia.

Prestina was the daughter of the town's king, King Dick (his actual title was King Richard, but the people did not like him much). She was tall, plump, beautiful, and kind, and she was cherished by everyone in the kingdom. Even at the young age of ten (almost eleven), boys flung themselves at her. Everyone wanted to be Princess Pristina's lover, it seemed.

But Pristina knew better. She knew that the biggest reason boys liked her was her family; her noble ancestry. So she mostly kept to herself, refusing to be used by people who did not care. She had but one friend, who she cherished more than anything.

Her name was Armistice.

Armistice was a short child, being 4'2 ft. (Prestinia was 5'6, in contrast. Her height always did make Armistice jealous.) Armistice had long dirty blonde hair that reached to her elbows. She was hard to get along with, argumentive, and a troublemaker. She loved to start fights, even ones she knew she'd lose. She'd fought several fights for her bestest friend, Pristina. She had recently lost her two front teeth on her eleventh birthday party, but this time getting injured was not her fault. Christopher, someone who Armistice hated but her mother forced her to invite anyway, had punched her because she called him a brat for taking all the cake. Her mother did not force her to invite him anymore.

The two met in preschool. Armistice scowled at the Princess whenever she arrived (something the girl was unaccustomed to). Armistice scowled at everyone. It was playtime and the Princess sat gingerly next to the muscular girl. Even as a four year old, Armistice was known to be violent. She was strong. Whenever the Princess sat beside her, she was making two barbie dolls fight to the death. She completely ignored the Princess, another thing the girl wasn't used to.

Pristina grabbed another doll that was set off to the side ("She got killed by Ken," Armistice would later explain to her) and began changing it's outfit. That quickly got boring, though, and such she occupied herself by watching Armistice's death matches. Pristina asked if she could join, and Armistice reluctantly said yes. That was the start of their friendship.

Later on, Pristina would make Armistice promise two things; she would never beat her up (Pristina did not want to live in fear of her new best friends) and she wouldn't treat her any different than if she would if Pristina wasn't a Princess.

Armistice agreed.

It was the second grade that Pristina began to notice her friend in different light. She found herself staring at Armistice's arms, wishing they were wrapped around her. Or her hands, wishing they were holding her own. Or her lips-

But she also found herself panicked at these thoughts. She was the Princess! She had to think those things about boys! She had to. She needed someone to soon be her King, to bear children. But those words didn't sound right. In all honesty, they disgusted her. Sure, it'd be livable. But she didn't want livable; she wanted thrivable. She didn't WANT to be with a man. She WANTED to be with her.