chapter nine

"Ron! Hermione!"Harry called out, running after the two, Draco reluctantly following. The two stopped walking, turning around to face him, their faces lighting up at the sight of Harry, dimming a bit when they landed on Draco.

"Harry! What's up, mate?" Ron greeted.

Harry took a moment to catch his breath, then straighten up. He opened his mouth to ask them to research who Jackson Smith was, then stopped himself. Pristina's words echoed in his head:

You know him.

He could be anyone- could be Polyjuicing as either of them. Best not to risk it, he decided. Instead, he said, "Can you research Quillbits?"

Hermione furrowed her eyebrows. "I've never heard of those."

"Me either," said Ron. "Sure they exist?"

Harry huffed. "Well, no. But I need some confirmation, so can you please look into it?"

Hermione sighed, then smiled. "Of course, Harry." Ron tugged on her sleeve. "Oh, my apologies, we've got a class to get to. See you Harry!"

They walked off, Harry waving to them as they walked off. Draco grabbed his arm the second they were out of sight. "You were gunna say something. Spill."

Harry shook his head. "Not here. Library." Draco nodded and they made their way to the library in silence. They sat down at a table, Harry casting a silencing charm around them. Draco raised an eyebrow.

"We need to find out who Jackson Smith it," Harry said, "I'm really certian he's the one who cursed me. But he doesn't go by that anymore. He could be anyone. So you can't tell anyone, okay?"

Draco looked at him puzzedly. "And you know this how?"

Harry bit his lip. "Those... dreams.. I was having. About Pristina and Armistice. Luna was right about them; they're important. Pristina told me."

Draco sighed. "So let me get this straight; a dream told you something and you just instantly believe it? Just like fifth year? Ring a bell?"

It did not, in fact, ring a bell for Harry because he did not remember it, but he had been told about the Voldemort connected dreams surrounding fifth year, and how they led to the demise to his godfather, Sirius Black. "This isn't like that," he insisted. "She's trying to help me break the spell, the one she created. She isn't trying to hurt me."

"Wait, so," Draco said, "She created a dark arts spell? And if she's the real deal, wouldn't that type of person want to do the opposite? Why is she trying to help you?"

Harry shrugged. He hadn't considered that. "I'll ask her later, okay? But can you please help me look into this Jackson fellow? Because I'm doing it with or without you."

Draco shook his head, but got up from the table to begin looking through the books. "What are we looking for, exactly? Do we have a time period?"

Harry racked his brain. "Hermione told me in her letter a while back that the spell was created in the year 1961? I think. So let's look around that time period. Look at people involved in the dark arts, I would think. I'm gunna look through the Hogwarts records, see if I can find his name on the registry." He would have to ask Headmaster Mcgonagall for them, but from what he'd heard, she liked him plenty, so he was pretty sure she'd help him.

"How do you know he went to Hogwarts and not any other Wizarding school, if he went to a school at all?" Draco asked, searching the shelf.

Harry shrugged. "Just a hunch, I guess." Draco huffed, but continued researching. Harry was sure that he'd have something by the time he had returned.

Harry felt weird explaining his experinces involving the girls in his dream, not even mentioning the way he felt more connected to them than half the people he knew before his memory got wiped. He was glad Draco was willing to trust him on this, at least. Harry left Draco at the library, making his way to the Headmaster's office. He hoped he knew his way there correctly, he was just now relearning the layout to the huge area. He mostly relied on Draco for directions, actually, since they went everywhere together. Just as he was about to curse himself for becoming so dependant, he arrived at his destination.

Harry sighed in relief, before realizing he had no idea what the password was. He tried knocking on the huge doors, but it quickly became clear that no one was inside, and if anyone was, they weren't answering anytime soon.

He had two options, neither of which was very pretty. He could try to retrace his steps to get back to the library and Draco, which he was sure was a nearly impossible task, or wait here for Mcgonagall to show up, which could take hours. Just as he was deciding to try to get to Draco and probably get lost along the way, an unfamiliar figure entered the corridor. They were dressed in an all black cloak, covering the figures face.

Unfamiliar. Harry watched as the figure approached, unsure whether to stay or go. Unfamiliar... why did calling them that feel so wrong? he wondered.

It was almost like deep down, he knew who was under the cloak.

Harry readied himself to book it the hell out of there, a burst of pure unadulterated fear coursing through him, when the figuee pulled down it's hood. Harry's eyes widened in surprise, suddenly sure of two things;

Pristina was very right about him knowing the person who cursed him.

And, this person was Jackson in disguise.

Harry reached for his wand, tucked away neatly in his pocket, but he did so a moment too so, apperantly. The figure had already raised their wand, pointing it at Harry before his arm could even move.

"Stupefy."

Harry's last thoughts before he collapsed, his mind panicked and desperate, were of how stupid it was for him to leave Draco's side.

a/n
gimme ur guesses about who the person who cursed harry is disguised as and why. i am DYING 4 feedback, thank u
word count: 1000