The Training Lesson

It took a few minutes before Naruto showed any signs he was still alive. Suzume had half a mind to dive in after him, but before she could, shuriken flew out of the water.

Kakashi blocked each and every one, all while still reading his book. That was insane to the Firebender!

However, the shuriken stopped for a few moments and Suzume was worrying again. Thankfully, Naruto resurfaced, drenched. He looked rather angry, but if that anger was directed to himself or Kakashi, she didn't know.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Kakashi taunted. "If you don't get a bell before noon, you don't get lunch."

Naruto glared up at the older ninja. "I know! I know!"

"You sure are weak for someone who's going to surpass the Hokage." Even from the distance, Suzume could hear the smirk in his voice.

"DAMN! I can still fight on an empty stomach!" Naruto retaliated. Well, at least he seemed fine.

Realizing she was wasting time by watching Naruto's stubbornness, Suzume let out a sigh. Backing away from her hiding spot, she decided it best to start a plan and figure out the best way of attack.

She moved further into the woods, close enough that she could still hear the commotion, but far enough so she could focus. The Firebender also made sure she was hidden from view. Taking a fallen stick, she started drawing in the dirt.

Using what little she saw from the battle between Naruto and Kakashi, she came to one conclusion. She couldn't underestimate her opponent. While the other three members of her team had grown with the ways of the Ninja, Suzume was at a severe disadvantage. Each battle plan she drew, she found inconsistencies in them. And, inconsistencies meant weaknesses that Kakashi was sure to exploit.

Growling in frustration, she wiped the plan with her hand. "How the hell am I supposed to fight him alone?!"

And, that was what it took to hit her. The Avatar's eyes widened in realization. "Because I'm not supposed to do it alone. Could it be any more in your face, Suzu?" She hit the side of her head at her own cluelessness.

Standing up, she knew she had to find one of the others. Burying her toes into the ground, Suzume closed her eyes and listened to the subtle vibrations in the Earth. The closest one to her was Sakura.

Gathering some Earth to her feet, she shot off towards Sakura. Once she was near, she slowed down and ran normally. "Sakura!"

Turning to the other girl, Sakura blinked in confusion. "Suzume? What is it?"

"I figured out what this test is about. It's about teamwork. So, I was thinking-"

"That makes sense! Maybe Sasuke and I could make a team. Thanks for the idea, Suzume!" And, the pinkette ran off to find her crush.

"Wait, Sakura..." Frowning, Suzume sighed. "Damn it... Well, I better try Naruto next." Digging her toes into the ground once more, she found Naruto in a tree... upside down.

Sighing once more, she ran to the blonde. Once under him, Suzume watched him struggle for a moment. "Having fun up there?"

"Suzume! What are you doing? Kakashi could attack you!" Naruto replied.

"Never mind that. Do you need help getting down?" Suzume offered.

"Nah, I can get down myself!"

Oh, boy. "Well, then how about we work together, once you get down?" It was worth asking, right?

"Look, Suzume. I know you're new around here, but I have to reach my goals by myself. Otherwise, how else will I surpass the Hokage!" The blonde struggled with the rope around his ankle.