Chapter Four: The Job

It was night-time and everyone was partying hard. Their excuse was that they were celebrating Aria's return to the guild, but let's be honest. This is Fairy Tail, they don't need an excuse to have a good time.

Aria was sat at a table, watching everyone with a smile on her face. She had her chin rested on the palm of her hand as she watched Natsu and Gray fighting. It reminded her of when they were growing up. Lucy was sat next to Aria, watching the two with a sigh.

"I'm glad things haven't changed too much." Aria said as she watched the males. Lucy looked at Aria, who then looked at Lucy with a smile. Lucy smiled back at Aria.

"I'm curious, how did you find Fairy Tail Aria?" Lucy questioned while tilting her head. Aria's smile disappeared as she looked at Lucy.

"Sister!"

"No! Let her go!"

"Uhhh, if you don't want to talk about it, you don't have to!" Lucy quickly said nervously. Aria looked away and took a drink from her glass of water. She gulped the water and placed the glass down before standing up.

"I'm gonna get going. I need to unpack." Aria said as she walked away. Lucy watched the female with worried expression. Aria sighed as she walked outside, relief running through her as the cold air touched her face. She pulled her hood up and walked through the streets, looking up at the starlight sky. She smiled at the stars sparkling brightly.

The female had a shiver run down her spine and she frowned. She turned around, about to hit something, when someone grabbed her hand.

"W-Whoa there, relax, it's just me." A familiar voice called out in panic. Aria frowned when she saw Gray standing there. Gray released the female's arm cautiously, only to regret it instantly as the female punched him. Gray took a few steps back, placing a hand over his face. "Ow, what was that for?!" the male cried out in pain.

"You startled me! You're lucky I didn't attack you with my magic!" Aria exclaimed with a vein popping out of her head, her fists clenched tightly. Gray put his hands up slightly for surrender, making Aria sigh. She turned around to continue walking, and Gray followed her.

"What do you want?" Aria questioned as she looked at the male, raising an eyebrow. Gray scratched the back of his neck, looking away.

"I uh... Just checking on you. You know, it's been awhile since we've seen each other, and you left quite early." Gray explained, not keeping eye contact with the female. Aria blinked before letting out a small laugh, covering it with her hand. Gray looked at the female, who looked up at him with a smile.

"Thanks for caring, but I'm fine." Aria replied softly. Gray's pale cheeks turned slightly pink and he looked away again.

"I uh, found a job I'm thinking about taking up. You want in?" Gray questioned, looking up at the starlit sky.

"What kind of job is it?" Aria questioned while raising her eyebrow. Aria stopped outside a house and Gray stopped too.

"Oh, it's just getting rid of a couple of sea monsters that are scaring off locals at a coastal town." Gray explained, putting his hands in his pockets.

"Sounds like an easy job; why do you want me to go with you?" Aria questioned with a small smile forming on her lips as she raised an eyebrow. She folded her arms as she looked at the ice mage.

"I just thought it'd be fun; besides, you could be rusty." Gray smirked with a shrug. A vein popped out of Aria's head as she sent a cold glare at the man.

"Screw you. I'm not rusty!" Aria huffed as she turned her back to the male, refusing to look at him.

"So, is that a yes?" Gray asked as he took a step forward. Aria turned around and both were surprised at how close the other was. She literally bumped into the male. Gray placed his hands on her arms to prevent her from taking a step back and falling back. "S-sorry, I didn't realise I was this close." Gray spoke nervously as he took a step back, releasing the female. Aria shook her head, indicating it was okay.

"It's fine. Also, I'll join you on the job." Aria said as she placed a hand on her hip. Gray's lips formed a slight smile. "It'll give me a chance to see if you've improved or if you're still the same old stripper from back then." Aria sniggered, causing a vein to pop out of Gray's head.

"I'll have you know I have improved a lot!" Gray exclaimed, a small pout forming on his lips. Aria laughed, holding her stomach slightly.

"Sure, you have; that's why you're walking around in just your trousers." Aria pointed at the male, still laughing. Gray flinched, not realising he had stripped his shirt. Aria walked up to the male and patted him on the shoulder. "I'll meet you in the guild hall tomorrow morning." Aria said before she walked pass the male, smiling as she continued to walk down the street.

Gray watched Aria walked further and further away. He smiled slightly before he turned around and walked away to home. Gray stopped for a second and looked around, feeling like someone was watching him. He frowned slightly as he continued to scan the area, but he couldn't find anyone, so he just shrugged it off and continued to walk away.

.

.

.

The next day, Gray was waiting outside of the guild hall with a bag of supplies, which was mostly food. He was leaning against the wall while looking at the sky, waiting for Aria. He sighed as he looked a clock. They didn't set a specific time, Aria just said tomorrow morning, however it was already past ten.

"Sorry! Sorry I'm late!" Gray heard someone breathlessly speak between pants. Gray turned his head and saw Aria standing next to him, hands on her knees as she panted softly with sweat running down her face. She had a bag over her shoulder and wore her usual clothing.

"It's fine, we didn't actually set a time." Gray said while scratching his cheek. Aria stood up straight and smiled at the male.

"You ready to go?"

"Yeah, just gotta put it through Mira first." Gray said and Aria nodded in response. The two walked into the guildhall and walked to the board. Gray took the job he was talking to Aria about and the two were about to approach Mirajane, however, Erza speaking stopped them in their tracks.

"You two are going on a job?"

"Yeah, it's just a small one." Aria smiled at the redhead.

"Very well, good luck." Erza smiled as she folded her arms.

"Hey, you wanna come with us?" Aria questioned with a sparkle in her eyes, causing Gray to go stiff slightly. Erza blinked as she placed her hand on her chin.

"I don't think I have anything else to do currently. Sure, it sounds like it could be fun." Erza said while nodding her head. "I'll just go grab my things."

Aria nodded her head as she watched Erza walk away. Gray looked at Aria and saw a smile on her lips, which made it hard for him to not smile. Aria turned her head to the ice mage, catching him off guard and making him look away.

"The jobshould go even faster, right?" Aria questioned, a small sparkle in her eye.Gray nodded his head, unable to stop smiling at the female's visible excitement. 

Tbc

A/N: Chapter Four official rewritten. I hope you enjoyed it