Chapter Five: The Cursed Town

It was now the afternoon. Not only Erza was joining, but now Wendy and Carla were too since Wendy and Aria were speaking before Erza had finished packing her things. The five of them were now on the train to the coastal town. Erza and Gray were sat next to each other, watching Aria play with Wendy's hair. The two were laughing, and Carla was also engaging in the conversation.

Gray watched Aria with a smile on his face. He was actually glad that Erza, Wendy and Carla joined; he probably wouldn't be sure of what to talk about.

"So, what was this job again?" Erza spoke up, looking at Gray, bringing him out of his trance. Gray pulled the job flyer out of his pocket and began to read over it with Erza looking over his shoulder.

"We gotta get rid of some sea monsters that have been scaring away the tourists and locals from the beach. We have to speak to the Mayor of the town about it when we get to the town." Gray explained as he looked up at the redhead. Erza nodded her head as she placed her hand on her chin.

"This should be an easy job. With the five of us and our skills, we should definitely be able to pull this off quickly." Erza analysed the different possible situations in her head.

"What kind of creatures are they?" Wendy curiously questioned as she looked at the two. Gray looked back at the paper before looking back at the young dragon slayer.

"Doesn't say anything specific; it just says sea monsters." Gray explained before putting the paper back in his pocket.

Aria stopped playing with Wendy's hair after she tied it in a high ponytail and leaned back into her seat, placing a hand on her chin. She had a serious expression on her face as she furrowed her eyebrows.

"This seems fishy, why wouldn't they tell us what kind of sea monsters are attacking? Unless they don't know..." Aria muttered under her breath, however, it was loud enough for the others to hear. They all stared at her with sweat running down their faces.

"That wasn't an intentional pun, right?" They all thought, still staring at the female.

Just then, Gray felt a chill down his spine, as if there was someone watching him. He looked around the train but couldn't see anything out of the ordinary, so he tried to put that thought at the back of his head, but occasionally, he could still feel someone's eyes staring directly at him.

.

.

.

Soon, they reached the coastal town and began their way to their destination. They walked through the beautiful town; the clear blue sky allowed the sun to shine down on the town with no cloud in the sky. The scent of the sea reached the group as they walked through the beautiful, yet quiet down.

As they journeyed through, the group began to notice that the locals seemed scared as they walked through the streets, closing their doors and windows, all running into the building. Erza led them with Wendy walking next to her as she held Carla in her arms. Behind them was Gray with his hands in his trousers pockets, and yes, he was actually fully dressed this time. Aria was behind him, looking around the town as she noticed the townspeople strange behaviour.

"I didn't expect a warm welcome, but I didn't expect this either..." Aria spoke up as she sped up to walk beside Gray. She looked at the male and covered the side of her mouth with her hand as she whispered. "What did you guys do to Fairy Tail's name while I was gone?"

"Nothing!" Gray exclaimed in offence with a vein popping out of his head. Aria sniggered at the ice mage's reaction, which caused Gray to sigh. He then noticed Aria shiver with lines under her eyes. She then scanned the area, causing Gray to raise an eyebrow. "Something wrong?" He spoke up, catching Aria's attention. Aria just smiled awkwardly.