Three

TW: Talks of Abuse and Death

"Outside of these four walls you don't care about me." I said, I was used to being alone and I hated the pitty that he felt for me.

"You don't know that, I care for all of my patients." Spencer said, I didn't have a chance to take in his appearance. I had been so busy trying to avoid his gaze that I hadn't noticed that he was dressed casually in a sweater and a pair of jeans.

"That's what they all say, I'm on my fifth doctor now."

"Bea, whether you want to accept it or not I'm here for you." He reached his hand out and placed it over mine in a comforting manner.

"Thanks." I said sarcastically.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked I knew where this was headed.

"About what?" I asked playing dumb.

"The bruise on your face, who gave it to you?" His eyes burning into mine.

"I did, I'm clumsy." I quipped. I knew he wasn't going to buy it.

"You know it's not your fault."

"I don't understand what is so hard for you to understand. No one is hurting me." I said swallowing the lump in my throat. "I've got shot balance and two left feet."

"Okay

"Okay." He said taking his hand away from mine. A part of me wanted to scream, I know it was dumb of me to not admit to what was happening but I knew it would be even worse for me.

I didn't have any family and was barley getting by, if I was to leave I'd be back on the streets and I don't know what was worse.

"Have you spoke to either of your parents?"

"No."

"Can you walk me through your last encounter with your mother?"

"She cornered me while I was at work, asking for me to forgive her. I was so angry, so I punched her." I said smirking.

"Someone called the police?" He asked and I nodded. "And you were arrested."

"Arrested is so harsh. I was simply given a ride to the police station, where I spent the rest of my afternoon."

"Charges were dropped?" He asked and I nodded.

"The only condition was that I seek 'help' for my anger issues." I said referring as to why I was here.

"Do you think you have anger issues?" I rolled my eyes at this question, it was something that was always attached to me.

'Bea is so angry' No shit. When you've had a life like mine you have the right to be a little angry.

"Now that's a dumb question even for you doctor."

"Right."

"I feel like this is such a one-sided conversation doctor, I'm not learning anything about you."