Chapter 3: Walking In

3rd Person POV

"Zzz..." It's currently a new day in the morning. You're still sleeping while having a hug on your first friend, Heiya. You met her as a first girl that she saved you from the monsters outside while you're still lost. She explained those red-skinned monsters. The monster's name is identified as Red-Mobens. Similar to goblins, but they're not that scary.

 Similar to goblins, but they're not that scary

(A/n: Goblin Slayer Challenge?)

Ok, ok, not those goblins though.

Red-Mobens are like bandits that rob the place. Even they like to raid the village, scary...!

If you could ask more about your sword fighting skills, you could have been stronger to own these guys. "..." Heiya wakes up first with her eyes open. "What time is it...?" She looks at the clock that was made by some magnet materials with Redstone dust. "Morning..." She got off the bed, but you are sleeping too close to her.

Your POV

"Zzz..." I'm still sleeping...

"Y/n, it's morning. Should you be waking up?" A female voice asks me. "Hey...!" She's shaking my body.

"What?" I woke up. My vision is all fine but I see a familiar person to me. "...S/n?" I thought about her as my younger sister, but not S/n.

"Don't tell me that you're dreaming. Wake up!" She pulls off the blanket from our bed. We're both at Heiya's bedroom as she's trying to wake me up.

"..." I got my mind cleared out while my vision has gone back to normal. I look up again and this time, I see Heiya seriously looking at me. "Hey there..." I greet her with my plain expression.

"Geez, can't you even wake up seriously!?" She scolds me.

We head down while her parents cooked our breakfast of the day. Eggs and some baked bread. "Itadakimasu." We start to dig in. I was enjoying breakfast eggs and somewhat the bread. I thought back about my grain for this but now...

I can hear her parents chatting, but what is it and what does that mean? "Gochisousama deshita." We finished our meal. Heiya's planning to head out with her spear and her backpack. I thought that I wanted to go with her, but she told me that it was too dangerous since there are monsters that we had both encountered before. She told me this because I don't have the mastery to fight. I'm just a beginner in this world.

"I'm heading off," Heiya said to her family including me.

"Take care," Her mother responds with her happy expression.

"Don't get too careless now." Her father said to her with his calm serious tone. We all watched her leave on her adventure to get more materials and food for her family. She still doesn't have her slate, but I do. She would have gotten my help if only she could train me. I went outside with my slate in secret for a walk, only in the village. Heiya told me that I cannot show my slate to anyone or else it will create the chaos of dispute in the village and she can't help defending me.