013

***

***

i stare at myself blankly in the mirror, my hands clammy and my heart hammering against my rib cage.

"soojung. . "

i turn my head to look to my right, namjoon stood there with his hands in his pockets, a soft smile on his lips.

"namjoon," i whisper loud enough for him to walk closer, my lips quivering as tears welled my eyes.

"i'm scared," i say, and i was.

i was so scared of this whole thing, this marriage, a false plan that was going to change my life forever.

he stared at your reflection in the mirror, "i know," he pauses to look at me, "but it's okay, you'll be okay, everything will be okay."

he looks at me with such emotions that i couldn't comprehend, "you look stunning by the way, the royalty suits you."

i shake my head frantically, "i don't want it, namjoon what if something wrong happens, what if they find out, we're all done, i'm do-"

"sssh," he reaches for my hands and intertwines them together, "it'll be okay, we've got everything set, bona's parents should be here in a few," he pauses.

"we all have faith in you, you'll be standing by taehyung, and when he sees y-"

"namjoon, what if he doesn't want me?" i question, the anxiety getting the best of me. "w-what if he blows the cover for me? i would be considered a traitor, i could be put behind bars and then banned from this country or even worse i could be ki-"

"you're overthinking too much soojung, take a breather, breathe in and out with me," he instructs, and i hesitate at first but then listen anyways.

i follow his counter, feeling the dread pool in my stomach. "i'm sorry in advance," i say, knowing sure as hell that i'd mess up.

"it's okay, we're all here, we'll be scattered around the abbey, just look in any direction, you'll see us," he assured and i can't help but smile at the dimpled man.

"thank you,"

he shows his dimpled smile again and then taps his ear, "did you get the earpiece in?" i nod, feeling the device set in my ear.

"c-can we revise the plan again?" i ask and he nods, pulling his phone out and showing the blueprint and repeating the plan that we all had engraved in our brains.

"it'll be hard, but we'll make it through," i remember jimin say from when we were all at his place.

"i'm sure we can do it, just the right procedure and we can do it."

"but, guys, do i have to be the bride?" i asked, and all of them momentarily shut up.

bona looks up with a small smile, "you love taehyung, don't you?" she asks and i look at her with a tilt of my head.