Prologue

Hey guys !

Here is a new Hijack/ Frostcup story.
This time it's set in the universe of Rise of the Guardians with a spirit Hiccup, though I took some liberties about it, especially with the Man In The Moon.

In this universe, our planet is protected from darkness and void by two stars : the sun, Lord Søl, and the moon, Lady Máne. Both have great powers and are like deities, Søl uses his powers to make spirits so they can watch after all life on Earth : nature, animals, humans, children, and so on.

Like The Lost Boy, it's basically the plot of the original movie but with a background story of my own and a few changes due to the added character in it.

Hope you enjoy !
Love and scales !

Now no more blahblah and onto the chapter !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prologue – Rebirth

Darkness. The smell of salt and ashes. Burnt. Warmth around him. It was not heat, on the contrary, it was warm and soft.

When he opened his eyes, he spotted smoke arising in the sky, it seemed to come from himself. He sat up with curiosity, his mind dazed and confused. He felt completely lost, he couldn't understand where he was neither how he had ended up there.

He glanced around him. Except for the reef he was siting on, there was only water surrounding him, and a giant island which seemed to move away. Or was he the one moving ? The island seemed oddly familiar but he couldn't get why. Its imposing cliffs looked like a fortress rising so high it was piercing the clouds... it was unlikely and noticeable, he should be recognizing it. Where was he, exactly ?

He got up in hopes to get answers, and noticed he was not on a reef, but onboard a barque. It was on fire. Rather, it had been on fire. It was burnt and the fire was dying, causing the smoke. He remained puzzled. Why wasn't he feeling the burnt from the flames ? He looked down to his hands, they weren't even darkened by the soot. that's when he saw what was at his feet, or rather his foot and the piece of metal replacing his left one.

There was a white veil, some carbonized flowers, his flaming sword which had rolled a bit away... Viking funerals. Why funerals ? Was he dead ? He froze as the recent events suddenly flooded back into his memories. He instantly turned around and looked back to the fortress-like island, which he recognized this time. New Berk. Grimmel and the war lords had attacked. He, his dragon rider friends and the allied clans had fought back to protect dragons and their clans.

His best friend – Toothless – and him had been chasing after the trapper who had tried to escape on the back of the Light Fury. They had caught up and fought, but Toothless had been knocked off and had been falling... Hiccup had ridded the Light Fury from the Deathgrippers' drug and sent her to Toothless' rescue, and he had let go...

He remembered his fall, he remembered watching the white dragon with anxiety, he remembered seeing her catching Toothless, the both of them crash-landing on the edge of the cliff, safe and sound. He remembered falling and trying to fight off Grimmel, still clinging on him. He remembered hearing this specific whistle echoing in the sky, meaning a Fury was approaching. He remembered he had looked up and met the blue eyes of the dragon who was diving after him in tries to save him. But she had not been fast enough.

He remembered the pain when he crashed in the water, breaking his whole body as if he had just been a glass-figure. Then everything had turned black. Did that mean he was dead ?

By reflex, Hiccup pressed his palm on his chest, his mind replaying the sudden and stabbing pain. He noticed how pitiful in shape his scales-coevered armor was, damaged both by the fight against the Deathgrippers and by Grimmel during their fall. There were deep scratches on the chest, left by claws, his left shoulder-blade was missing, his wings were torn off, his left armband and right kneepad were also missing, also torn off as it seemed.