7. The red-eyed boy and his blonde protector

This chapter has a few depictions of bullying, so... proceed at your own risk?

                                                                                         *  *  *

"Hey, you! Freak!" a voice yelled

"Who tf-" I quickly turned around to be met with air with no sign of where the sharp sound came from

"Do you know?! I can't sleep at night with those eyes of yours haunting me!" the voice came again

"How dare you ruin my darling Fran's sleep! You piece of unworthy sh*t!" another high-pitched sound came

Since I'm the nosy person I always was, I sneaked towards where I heard the sound. I finally reached a small clearing where 2 people were towering over something or someone I couldn't see. Suddenly one of the people shifted a bit so I could see a cowering person wrapped in a black hood.

"HEY! SPEAK UP CANT YOU?" yelled the girl,
She had curly long blonde hair and looked about 8 years old with an oval face shape from what I could make out.

Suddenly, a loud slap echoed through the forest as the black bundle coughed out something that looked similar to blood

"Awww are you crying big baby? Are you gonna complain to your parents?" Smirked the boy who had a round body with the same curly blond hair the girl had

Blonde Boy pulled down the hood of the person on the ground revealing his black hair, and just as quickly grabbed the person's hair to force him to look up at him "Are you? If you even open your mouth to your parents about this small "incident" I will make sure to give the worst experience of a lifetime"

Enough is enough.

Who do these people think they are? Your status doesn't give you permission to bully anyone anyway.

As I took my first step towards them, a huge fiery form appeared behind the trees and swooped down in front of the boy just as those two bullies jumped back before they had become toasted breakfast for that thing. 

And that was all it took for those little cowards to run away in fear.

It took my eyes quite some time to see through the fiery silhouette and finally realize that what I was looking at was actually a phoenix... wait a Pheonix? 

There was only one Pheonix that was ever mentioned in the entirety of that book and that was, the second lead Chris.

Well, I was certainly a nosy person but I definitely do not want to get on the bad side of a person protected by a phoenix let it be the second lead or not, both are equally as bad. So me being the smart person I was, I slowly started tip-toeing backwards until I stepped on this stray twig that must've been an enemy of mine in my past life.

"FREEZE." said a commanding voice behind me, making me flinch

But they don't know me. If someone tells me 'freeze!' YOU THINK IMMA DO THAT?!?! BYE MFS IM OUTTA HERE. I turned around and made a run for it.

Little did I know that my dress would be my actual enemy..... or my stamina. Whatever, the point is, the owner of that voice, caught me before I could here take the second step.

The person pulled me back with a force that made me land on my butt in front of the guy. 

....And all I can say is that guy was definitely the second lead. 

Flowing Blond hair? Check.
Light green eyes like that of the grass growing by the peaceful river?? Check.
Height taller than a goddamn building??? Check.
Supposedly just 7 in phoenix years but 14 in human years???? That too, check.