Chapter 4: A night like no other

Drift's POV:
Cat and I were on top of a building looking down at the situation and I narrowed my eyes at Rapscallion. "Don't worry, we'll find out how she got that bomb." Cat said, "She has no idea what kind of trouble that the Silvers can do. Cat, there's something you should know. If I start getting too angry, I want you to knock me out." I said, "What, why?" Cat asked, I looked at her and sighed, "I'm fighting the beast inside me right now. It wants out." I said as I felt my animal instincts wanting to take over. "Alright, I will do that. Only as a last resort though." Cat said as she jumped down and glided to the building and tackled Rapscallion. 'She's amazing.' I thought as I ran and jumped down as Scoundrel saw me and I tackled him to the ground. I then picked him up and threw him through a wall, "Ow! No fair, you can't just go throwing people through walls. Who even are you?" Scoundrel asked, "Call me, White Wolf." I said. Scoundrel then fired his gun at me, but it was just annoying me, I walked forward, and Scoundrel just walked back. "No way! Why aren't you dead?" he asked, I grabbed his gun and took it out of his hands, then I bent it to the point it was a pretzel. "I really hate it when humans kill each other for petty reasons." I said, "*Gulps*" Scoundrel gulped as I punched him that he went through another wall and I saw Cat pinned down by Rapscallion. My eyes went wide when I saw that Cat was bleeding and I growled. "GET AWAY FROM HER!" I snarled as I ran at Rapscallion and punched her. I then stood in front of cat and held out my hands as they turned into claws and my suit transformed with my body as I grew a few inches, and my muscles grew as well. "*HOWLS*!" I howled as I snarled at Rapscallion for hurting Cat.

Catalyst's POV:
"Oh no." I said as I saw Drift was transformed and snarling at Rapscallion, "*Coughs* Don't do anything stupid." I said as I coughed a little and Drift looked at me and tilted his head. "Are you still in there?" I asked, "*Howls*!" he howled. I saw both Rapscallion and Scoundrel aiming their guns at us and Drift just shielded me. "What? He shielded her. Why isn't he dead?" Rapscallion asked. "He's a werewolf, he has to be. The howling, the snarling, the inhuman strength, immunity to regular bullets. He has to be a werewolf." Scoundrel said, "I am no ordinary werewolf. I am the White Werewolf! *Howls*" Drift said as his voice changed and he looked at both Scoundrel and Rapscallion, "*Gulps* We're done for." Scoundrel said. Drift walked over to them and grabbed them by their throats, "No, don't kill them!" I shouted, he looked at me and I could tell he was losing his fight with his inner animal. "I won't kill them. As long as they answer my question. Where did you get the bomb? Tell me now or else!" Drift howled as he bared his fangs at Rapscallion, I then took out my gun and aimed it at Drift, "Put them down. Now!" I ordered. "I got the bomb from a guy named Sunstriker. He told me to use it to have fun." Rapscallion said and Drift threw both Scoundrel and Rapscallion out the window and into a SWAT car. "Whoa, nice aim." I said as I holstered my gun, I then groaned as I held my wound. "You're hurt, let me help." Drift said as he changed back to normal. He picked me up gently and carried me out of the building from the back and we went back to his friends place.

[Neo and Neon's house]
Neo's POV:
Neon and I saw the news and both Rapscallion and Scoundrel were shown being thrown into the back of a SWAT car. "You don't think that Drift did that, do you?" I asked Neon, "Well, he does have superhuman strength. And we both know that he has a temper like his father." Neon said. I was worried as to what made Drift do that to both Scoundrel and Rapscallion, just then the back door opened up and both Drift and Catalyst came in. I saw that Catalyst was injured and went to get a med kit. I came back and saw Drift put Catalyst on the couch gently, I walked over and noticed that it was a non fatale wound. "Fortunately, it's non fatale." I said as I patched Catalyst up and put a bandage wrap around the wound to keep it from getting infected. "There, just get some rest for now." I said as I left to put the stuff away.

Catalyst's POV:
Once Neo finished patching me up, she left, and the only ones here right now were me and Drift. He took off his mask and so did I, "I'm sorry, I almost lost control." Drift said, "But you didn't. That shows that you have a good heart." I said as I began to wonder what would have happened if he fully lost control of his animal side. "Hey, maybe I need more training. Once you're fully recovered, we could train together." Drift said, "I'd like that. I'll teach you what I know if you teach me what you know." I said. "It's a deal, but I'm not sure how much I could teach you." Drift said. He sat down in a chair across from me and just looked at his mask. "Do you want to talk about anything?" I asked wanting to help him through the pain, "I don't know. I can't sleep well; I keep seeing my mom and dad. I keep hearing my mom's scream in my nightmares. I can't get them to stop." Drift said. He is in so much pain and torment, I put my hand on his and he looked at me, "What would your parents want you to do?" I asked, he looked at me and thought for a moment, "They'd want me to continue their work to bring peace to both Werewolves and Humans. They'd want me to help those who can't help themselves. They'd want me to not blame myself for what happened to them." Drift said as I remembered when I lost my mom, "Those are wise words. What was your mom like?" I asked, "She was beautiful, like you. She always helped me when dad wasn't around. I was always bullied and teased back in my old pack. My mom would always sing to me to help me feel better." Drift said and he smiled as he remembered the good things about his mother. "My mom would do the same thing for me." I said, I told him about how I grew up with nothing and how my mom was able to get us a better life with her job as a real estate agent. We continued to talk, and he ended up sitting next to me as we talked about the good things about our childhoods. Hours went by and I started getting tired and I saw that he was already asleep. I laid my head against his strong chest and listened to the sound of his heartbeat as I fell asleep. A few hours later I woke up to Drift groaning, I saw that he was shaking his head and mumbling as well. "No, stop... Mom, dad, no. No, no, NOOOOOOO!" Drift howled as he shot awake as I jumped and covered my ears from his loud howl. "Drift, it's alright!" I shouted as he stopped howling and saw me. "C-Catalyst, wh-what happened?" he asked as he rubbed his eyes and I saw tears rolling down his face. I sat next to him and wiped his tears away, "You were having a nightmare." I said.