105 | the blackwoods

Elena's POV

"Each time you bring me over to your house, I can't help but get kinda nervous." I start saying as I get off Jungkook's bike. He helps me remove my helmet by pressing the red buckle then pulling the helmet off my head, resulting in messing up my already unruly hair. I run my fingers through it in an attempt to comb it, but it becomes even more tangled and I decide to give up. 

Jungkook tucks a strand of hair behind my ear. "Why?" He asks, his voice coming out in a small echo and we head towards the front door from the garage. He presses a button on his keys and the door shuts automatically behind us. 

"I mean, I haven't met anyone in your family yet." I mutter and when he looks at me I avoid his glance by focusing on the concrete under our feet. 

"You met Adonis." He half laughs. 

"Yeah, and he doesn't like me very much."

He shrugs. "You're not missing out on anything really."

We make our way up the marble stairs, and I look around at the new roses and hyanciths in fancy pots that decorate the entry-way. Those weren't here before. My heart sinks into my stomach at the thought that those people are going to be there and I won't know how to act or behave around them. 

"Well, what if they don't like me?" I ask, crossing my arms. 

Jungkook turns to me. "Chances are they're not gonna like you since they barely tolerate me."

How can he say this with such ease? The fact that he lives in an unwelcoming household, doesn't bother him in the slightest? 

His dad hates his guts for some unknown reason while his stepmom was being mentally abusive towards him and as for his step-siblings, I don't really know a lot about them. The thing is, he has money, so he can move out in a heartbeat; or to be more presise, his father has money. And from what I recall, Mr. Jeon still pays for Jungkook's tuiton fees, which means that he can easily afford to get rid of him, by renting out an apartment for him if he wanted to.  

Thinking in depth about all this makes me wonder... What is really going on inside Jungkook' head? Doesn't he feel anything at all? 

Doesn't he want to move on?

"Why don't you move out?" I inquire and he stops in his tracks. 

"Are you asking me to move in with you Eye Candy?" He grins.

I stare at him wide eyed, not a word coming out of my lips when he chuckles.

"Love the enthusiasm right there." To my surprise he doesn't sound hurt or offended yet somehow I detect some sort of amusement in his tone. Jungkook finally unlocks the door and gestures me to go inside. 

"It's not that I don't want to move in with you." I clarify. "I would love to move in with you some day. Just not right now."

"You don't have to explain yourself Elena." The corners of his lips quirk up into a smile. "I get it. It's a big step." We both walk inside the mansion and he shuts the door behind us. 

"Besides, I'm flat broke and you would have to get a job." I say, shucking off my coat. 

"Who says I don't have a job?" 

"You have a job?" I say in disbelief.

A hushed breath escapes his lips, coming out in a broken laugh. "You sound so surprised." 

I blink, my lashes brushing against my undereyes when he takes my coat and puts it on a stand in the hallway. "You have your own income?"

"I believe that's the definition of having a job Elena."