0

Chloe Grace Moretz as Hadley

⁂ Chloe Grace Moretz as Hadley ⁂

Jeremy Shada as Reggie

⁂ Charlie Gillespie as Luke ⁂

Charlie Gillespie as Luke

⁂ Charlie Gillespie as Luke ⁂

Owen Joyner as Alex

⁂ Madison Reyes as Julie ⁂

Madison Reyes as Julie

⁂ Madison Reyes as Julie ⁂

Jadah Marie as Flynn

PLAYLISTBelong - Gabriel ConteDear Patience - Niall HoranMad at You - Why Don't WeOverwhelmed - Royal & the SerpentA Daydream Away - All Time LowSunset Blvd

PLAYLIST
Belong - Gabriel Conte
Dear Patience - Niall Horan
Mad at You - Why Don't We
Overwhelmed - Royal & the Serpent
A Daydream Away - All Time Low
Sunset Blvd. - Make Out Monday
Me With You - Gabriel Conte
We Are Stars - Virginia To Vegas
Spinning - With Confidence
So Will I - Ben Platt
Hold On - Chord Overstreet
My Stress - NF
Don't Fall Asleep - Make Out Monday
(if you haven't listened to them yet Make Out Monday is Jeremy Shada's band irl so check them out)

~*~

hadley was woken up by the sound of yelling downstairs. she rolled over in bed, pulling her pillow over her head in an attempt to block out the noise.

hadley's parents fought a lot, so she was used to the sound washing into her room through the crack under her door. she wasn't sure what had instigated the fight this time, but she could assume it was something stupid. there weren't any big problems in her parents marriage, they simply didn't get along. hadley couldn't remember a time they weren't arguing.

she eventually got the motivation to roll out of bed, grabbing her phone and taking a seat on the floor beside her bed. getting up in the morning was somewhat of a struggle for hadley when she was at home. She could just never find a reason to get up. The only motivator she had for finally standing up was the text she saw from julie, asking her when she would be over to pick her up.

Hadley was a year above flynn and julie, and she had her dad's old car as transportation so she always picked the girls up on her way to school.

hadley let out a heavy sigh, using her bed to push her up from the ground. She rummaged through her clothes, pulling out a pair of ripped blue jeans and a grey sweater, she changed into them and quickly pulled her hair back into a ponytail. she usually preferred to leave her blonde hair down with her natural waves, but she knew she had a music performance today and didn't want it getting in her way.

performing in front of people was one of hadley's biggest fears. all those eyes on her made her feel like she had tiny bugs crawling all over her skin. it was a horrible feeling.

hadley quickly grabbed her laptop and notebooks, throwing them in her bag before grabbing her guitar, already in its case. she attempted to sneak down the stairs, hoping her parents wouldn't hear her. unfortunately, as she reached the bottom of the steps she heard her mother calling her name.

"Hadley!" her mom greeted her with a wide smile. hadley knew it was a fake smile, just like it always is. hadley didn't think she had ever seen either of her parents genuinely smile. "honey, you should have some breakfast. here, eat this on the drive." she hands her daughter a granola bar. hadley nods and as she is about to say thank you, her mother begins talking again. "i would have made you something better but somebody, broke the toaster."

"I didn't break it!" her father shouts from the other room. "it's 15 years old, it broke itself!"

hadley rolled her eyes internally, already annoyed by her parents bickering. they did this every single morning, hadley was sick of hearing it.

"toasters don't just break themselves, John! you must have done something." the intense anger was clear in both adults tones, even though it was a very stupid argument.

all of their arguments were stupid. they didn't have any real reasons to be mad at each other so they found every little imperfection to fight about, no matter how small.

"okay, well i gotta go." hadley speaks quickly before either parent can continue. "bye mom, bye dad!" she shouts to for father in the other room to hear. both parents mumble replies, though hadley is already out the door.

she instantly blasts the music once she turn the car on in an effort to distract herself from her building stress. drumming on the stearing wheel as she drove, she stopped for coffee before continuing her way to get flynn.

Flynn winced and turned the music down quickly upon getting in the vehicle. hadley rolled her eyes but left it. flynn never liked listening to music as loudly as her. Hadley passed flynn her phone to control the music and text julie that they were on their way.

the two girls drove in silence, the only sound in the car was the quiet melody of Billie Eilish coming through the speakers. Even once julie joined them in the car it stayed quiet, all three girls were anxious about everything going on today.

it stayed silent for the rest of the drive to school, and none of them spoke until flynn and julie finally said goodbye to hadley when the three had to split apart so she could go to her class. she waved goodbye to them and walked up the stairs, her head down until she reached her seat in history class.

hadley hated history with a passion. she was horrible at remembering dates and specific details, which is basically all history class was. so instead of paying attention like she should have been, hadley allowed her mind to wander to pretty much everything else.

~*~

short starter chapter basically just to get to know the OC. the first real chapter will be up tomorrow!