2

later that evening julie and hadley made their way out to the studio. carlos and ray hadn't returned yet but they were going to be home soon and the girls wanted to have at least started before they arrive.

as julie pulls the doors open a gust of air flows out of the room. she stood frozen for a moment, staring into the studio, until hadley reaches for her hand comfortingly and begins walking toward the piano. julie follows a step behind her, gripping her friends hand so hard that hadley began to lose feeling in her fingers.

as they reached the piano, julie stepped forward to tug the sheet off. she took a seat on the edge of the bench and hadley moved around her to sit on the other side. she had to lift some sheet music to make room for herself and glanced at the song briefly. she knew it was julie's moms hand writing but she had never seen the song before. she ignored the curiosity to focus back on julie, who was staring upwards in her own little world.

"i'm so sorry mom." she says softly. "that i haven't been in here." hadley's heart breaks for her best friend, seeing the pain in her eyes.

julie begins moving around the room, almost as if she forgot that hadley was even there with her. she made her way up the loft and hadley stood at the bottom of the steps.

julie walks down a moment later with a CD in her hand.

"what's that?" hadley questions as julie strides past her.

"i don't know, i've never seen this cd before." julie shrugs and placed the cd in the stereo.

both girls take a seat on the couch as a rock guitar riff begins filling their ears. the music wasn't terrible, hadley actually found herself quite enjoying it. that is, until the music was over powered by the sound of screaming, seemingly coming from no where. the girls quickly covered their ears and looked at each other in panic.

suddenly three boys landed on the floor in the middle of the studio. the girls jumped up in fright and hadley instinctively grabbed julies arm, pulling her closer as they watched the boys stumble to their feet.

"woah, how did we get back here?" the boy in the middle speaks.

neither girl could process what happened and how these boys ended up in this studio. both began screaming in fear, drawing the boys attention to them and causing them to scream as well.

the two girls sprinted back to the house, running into ray and carlos on the way.

"woah, woah. slow down, you look like you've seen a ghost." he tells them jokingly, but it just scares the girls more.

"we have!" julie shouts.

"cool!" carlos add excitedly.

"not cool!" hadley tells the boy, who was basically her little brother. "very not cool!"

"run!" julie tells them before continuing into the house and up the stairs to her room, followed closely by hadley.

julie immediately pulls out her phone to text flynn.

"come on flynn!" julie shouts at her phone.

"911 means 911! why isn't she answering?" hadley crouches beside julie.

"hey." both girls jump as their heads snap in the direction of the door, where ray was standing.

"dad." julie let's out a sigh of relief, grateful that it's an actual human and not a ghost coming to kill them.

"sorry, i just wanted to make sure you girls were okay." he approaches them slowly.

"you don't believe us do you?" julie sighs.