9

when hadley awoke the next morning, the first thing she noticed was that flynn was no longer in the room with her and julie. she quickly picked up her phone to check the time and noticed that it was already 11:00.

"julie!" she shook the girl awake and began running around the room to get ready. "we slept in, come on, get up we need to get to school."

julie slowly sat up, still half asleep. she looked around in confusion until hadleys words finally registered in her brain and she realized what was happening.

"crap!" julie exclaims, jumping up from the bed and following hadleys actions. "hurry, hurry!" she hops around, the girls bump into each other in their effort to get ready for school as fast as possible.

the two girls rush around, quickly gathering all their things and running to hadleys car. she drove as fast as she could, within the speed limit, to the school and the two girls said quick goodbyes before sprinting to their separate classes.

hadley was late for her english class, and she was dreading having to face her teacher. Mr. Johnson was a hard-ass, and he would definitely give her detention, and probably yell at her in front of the class. hadley stood a few feet away for the door, debating on whether or not she should enter the room.

she quickly spun away, deciding that after last night, she didn't really need the added embarrassment. since she didn't get a chance to stop before school, she loaded back in to her car to go get coffee.

she turned her radio up, not bothering to pick specific music, it wasn't a very long drive to the nearest coffee place. half way there, reggie poofed into the passenger seat. hadley let out a yelp and swerved slightly in fear. she gripped the wheel tightly to regain control and took a deep breath.

"what the hell, man!?" she screamed at him, turning off the radio, and he winced slightly from the volume of her voice.

"sorry! i thought you'd be in class." he responds quickly.

"and that would have been better?!" she asks him rhetorically, still shouting slightly, and he pauses to think for a moment.

"no, i guess not." he admits. "sorry, i didn't really think this through."

"what do you want?" she sighs. she really didn't want to have this conversation right now. she was stressed enough from being late to school.

"i just wanted to check if you were okay, after last night." he says, turning to look at her.

hadley was thankful she was driving, it gave her an excuse not to look at him despite how bad she wanted to see those blue eyes.

"well i was just starting to forget about it, but thanks for reminding me." she tells him and he frowns.

"oh." he turns back to stare out the front window.

hadley wasn't used to seeing him like this, she hated it. she was so used to the happy-go-lucky soul reggie usually was. no matter how mad she was at him, she just wanted him to smile again.

"where were you last night?" hadley asks finally, hoping the answer might make her feel better about them missing the dance.

"um, alex's friend took us to a club." he mumbles, ducking his head.

"a club? you missed the dance because you were out partying at some club?" she rolls her eyes, pulling in to line at the starbucks drive thru.

"we only went because willie told us there was a ghost there who could help us talk to bobby." reggie explains and hadley sighs.

she hated to admit it but his reasoning was kind of fair. hadley understood how mad the boys were, she'd be just as mad if someone stole her songs. not that she had good enough songs for anyone to steal.