3

the four members of what hadley would consider her real family set the table, making sure to include an extra place setting between her and carlos.  they each took their seats and held hands around the table.

"your turn carlos." ray tells the boy.

"thank you for our leftovers, and the power of the mighty microwave! amen." he says, causing the girls at the table to chuckle slightly.

"so," ray begins as he serves spaghetti to each person around the table. "carlos tells me he found you girls in the studio."

"it sounded like they were talking to someone." carlos says and the girls laugh awkwardly.

"we were rehearsing for a play." julie lies.

"hello hello!" julie's aunt victoria's voice comes from the doorway, sending the four people in the dining room into a panic.

"oh, busted!" carlos mumbles as they each grab part of the extra place setting to hide.

"yeah, we're in here!" ray calls out. "quick!" he whispers to the kids.

hadley grabs the utensils and tosses them behind the island while julie grabs the plate and holds it on her lap, unable to think of anywhere else to put it. carlos grabs the napkin and table cloth and tosses them across the room.

"spaghetti? again?" Victoria questions, arriving in the kitchen.

"yeah." ray nods.

"that's too bad." she sighs. "i brought you my pasteles and arroz con pollo."

"yum!" ray responds, unsure of what else to say.

"Mm, thanks tía, smells great." julie compliments.

"you can have it tomorrow." Victoria shrugs. "i can't let you have leftovers every night! my sister would kill me, may she rest in peace." she walks up to the table and noticed there are no extra place settings. "i see things here are going better?" she pats spot where the plate that was now on julies lap, had been.

"Actually, julie and hadley have been cleaning out moms studio." ray smiles at the girls. "hopefully we can get the house on the market and some offers soon."

"well i like the sound of that. moving from here is only going to help you move on." Victoria nods as the three ghost stumble through the back door and into the house. "you've got to rip that bandaid off and get the pain over with."

hadley and julie notice the boys at the same time, making hadley choke on her food, coughing slightly, while julie lets out a small yell. hadleys eyes widen and she kicks julie under the table. julie turns back to her family and chuckles awkwardly, forcing a grin.

"aha, that me, ripping of the bandaid. ahhh!" julie finished her horrible excuse and hadley mentally face palms.

"there's my brave girl!" julie's tía grabs her face and smiles excitedly.

this is why hadley love being at julie's so much. there was always so much love.

"hey julie, i really like what you guys did with the place." luke tells her.

"you shouldn't be here." she whispers back and hadley kicks her again, trying to communicate to her to stop talking to ghosts that no one else can see.

Victoria gasps and ray looks at his daughter with shock.

"oh, i'm just here to help mija." she explains.

"i think that's our cue to leave." alex whispers to luke and hadley glares at him. you think?

"i mean, you should be at pilates!" julie turns back to her aunt. "thanks for bringing us food."