XXVIII

I suggest you read 'Collin's story' from 'Journal' to understand the references I make in this. Also because I kinda liked writing it so pwease show some love👉👈 

Collin roamed aimlessly in the field he'd wandered into.

The outskirts Aslan's country was big no doubt, it had a few exact places from Narnia scattered around, only a bit bigger.

He let the cool breeze gently blow against his skin as he looked around the place, hoping to find that familiar hill.

He almost slapped himself with how stupid he was being, as if he'd find  him waiting there.

Worth a shot

He picked up the pace and walked into the tall grass, knowing his way around well.

Even though it had been years since he'd been to that meadow, it was honestly surprising, even to Collin, how he remembered everything perfectly.

He just had to walk a but more and then turn left before he could-

"Hey- ouch" the boy bumped into someone and tripped.

"Oh sorry about that" a girl spoke softly

"it's alright" the boy sighed as he stood up, dusting his pants "are you okay- oh"

The girl rose to her feet too and gasped when she met his eyes. She reached out and slapped him hard across the face and then put her hand over her mouth, not believing that she'd just done that.

"Jeez, what was that for?" The boy rubbed his cheek "can't say I didn't deserve it"

"I.. you.." she stuttered "I just didn't expect you to be here"

"Neither did I" Collin shrugged "you should thank your boyfriend for that"

"Wait" the girl shook her head "Edmund did-"

"Yes, he asked Aslan to send me here. Said that if he sees a change in me he'll let me into his kingdom, with your council of course" The ravenette explained "by the way, lovely to see you-"

"Shut up" the girl snapped.

Both of them stood a few feet apart from each other, letting an awkward silence fill in between them until Avelyn decided to speak up.

"I met your friend" she said softly, avoiding eye contact "he had a lot of nice things to say about you"

"Wait, did you meet-" Collin's eyes widened "are you talking about Aspen?"

The girl nodded.

"Is he here? I need to speak to him"

"He's at by that tree on the hill toward the left" the girl took the lead to show him the way, as if Collin didn't know where it was in the first place "he told me he'd always wait at the tree, every afternoon"

Collin's heart began to beat faster. He looked around and quickly grabbed the green Apple fallen among others on the ground.

After a couple of minutes, he'd found himself near the foot of the little hill. He could see the silhouette of something leaning against the tree.

In that moment Collin thought he'd pass out.

"Aspen!" Avelyn called out "look at what I found!"

"Coming!"

Aspen stood up and walked down toward the girl, running his hands through his messy blonde hair. He slowed his pace a bit when he saw another boy next to Avelyn but stopped completely when he recognised who it was.